Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boycott Of eircons Adsl Service

Options
  • 11-09-2001 7:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

i know theres a danger were playing straight into eircons hands but i feel theres a need for actions against these outragest prices and would liek to gage the support for action.

Lets vote with our mouses, not to mention if we gave an undertaken to support esat over eircon we might get an interesting group deal.

anyway id just like to put this to the commitee and get things moving, maybe its abite to much but lets stop bitching and start to work to get something done

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Word from Beam [the two way satellite guys] is that the *may* not charge the installation+equipment prices in one go, but intergrate these charges into a 1 year contract.

you may end up paying £200 a month for one year, but you get unlimited, high speed access.

although their is a dubious "fair use policy" which puts me off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Gladiator

200 ounds for half decent broadband doesnt apeal to me, especially that your nearly a sured that the bussiness models of adsl wont have a cap

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I do think that people will take time before doing anything. Those prices are crazy with a cap ... without a cap ... well ... it's not as bad, and I think people would order it.

I think maybe a price of £80 (inc VAT) would be best for a home user (NO cap).

Who knows.

Advertisement