Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problems after breakup

• 06-10-2005 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hello everyone.
    my marriage broke down last year and to make a long story short my wife decided that she did not love me any more.There is a 4 year old in the mix as well.
    It took me a long time to get over the split but everything with my child is working out(I could take the hassle with my wife but I did not want to be shut off from my child)
    I would be popular with workmates(they do not know my circumstances) and we would go out for a drink after work every week or two but my problem is a would like to get back on the dating scene again but feel awkward as i was married for 9 years and im out of practice with nightclubs etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

Hey Separted,
    Think you'd get better answers in the P.I. Forum.
    Best of luck
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

what kiera said. try the PI forum
    sorry to hear about the break up
    hope things work out for you

-Femmy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

P.I = personal issues by the way. In the "Soc" category ;)
    G'luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved from AH.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

separted wrote:
    but feel awkward as i was married for 9 years and im out of practice with nightclubs etc.

been there, was married for 10 years. It's amazing how the whole system of 'dating' can change in that length of time.
    Have you any mates who you can go out with? if you do, get yourself out and about to pubs, clubs whatever you're into.
    It's like falling of a bike, you'll get the hang of it pretty quick ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Beruthiel wrote:
    It's amazing how the whole system of 'dating' can change in that length of time.
    There's a system of dating in Ireland? But we have no dating culture! People just get with each-other by fluke and inebriated faux-pas.

I'm not saying I like it but do we not agree that it's the case?

My advise for separted is to simply get himself into situations where he can meet new people e.g. join a sports club or do a cookery course etc. But don't make it obvious that that's the reason you're taking up these activities. Otherwise you will "reek" if you know what I mean..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭bookiebasher

loads of mates just feel awkward about starting again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its like getting on a bike, or so they tell me.

anyway, go out with friends, see if they have friends.
    open up to your friends and im sure they would be happy to get you back in the saddle.

no need to feel awkward. at least, no more awkward than any other single person looking for a date :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i like the bike analogy B!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mollytt

I totally agree with ApeXaviour, dating pubs and clubs is all so fake and forced. What you need is a situation where you can get to know someone without the epathsis being on romance. Activities, clubs, evening classes are really good for these kind of things, exspecaily if you are meeting people with common interests. Otherwise have you considered changing jobs?

Molly

• Advertisement
Advertisement