Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What about unmetered access?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭NeilF

Originally posted by Urban Weigl
    Just had a thought: the ODTR can not set Eircom's prices, but they CAN set wholesale prices for products which already exist right? Well, how about they set the wholesale price of a local call to a flat 5p?

The only restriction on the wholesale price, that I know of, is that it must reflect the cost to Eircom. It would certainly be a bold step, which means it is unlikely to happen. However, if the ODTR made such a ruling it would stand unless Eircom challenged it in the High Court, which I am sure they would.

I don't know why we just don't let courts decide everything in this country. Everything gets appealed.

Still, nifty little plan. I hope someone from the ODTR is listening ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭adeypius

which should come first
    the chicken or the egg
    adsl or unmetered access
    hi tec or lo spec

unmetered access is the lowest common denominator

this for me should come first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

Friaco is not a dead duck!
    In fact getting it offered is quite simple!
    New legislation giving more power to the regulator is due before the Dail in the next few weeks.
    We must make sure that one new power she gets is to be able to instruct Eircon to offer always on narrow band interconnect product to other operators.

Is this part of the current draft legislation at this stage?
    It was not in the Heads of Bill published in March but maybe things have changed?
    I really think the committee should follow this up with the Department.
    If the Regulator had the power to force Eircom to offer this sort of interconnect product I bet she would use it fast, other operators would buy it in and we would get real competition at the retail end.
    For me the second real worry is that this legislation will not appear/get through before the election in which case we fall back another 12 months.
    Where is the Bill - Minister?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The posts in this thread about the idea of a BOYCOTT on EIRCOM have been split off into a new seperate thread as it was basically a new topic.

You'll find that thread here

Advertisement