Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Simply phones, Sagem VS1/VS2. Any use?

• 06-10-2005 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

Got some bumph about this Vodafone Simply phone. Free Upgrade offer etc.
    The silver one is a Sagem VS1 and the other the VS2.
    simply_handsets.jpg

They seem to be very basic. I currently have a Nokia 3510i which I am happy enough with. I do only use the basic functions, which these ones seem to have. I never use the WAP or anything like that. I play the odd game, use the speed dials, the alarm, fairly standard usage really.

I checked a few reviews. No great excitement about them. Has anyone got one? Opinions? Is it worth the bother changing or should I stick with what I have? Asking here first instead of getting the salesman's patter.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

they look great and they're easy to use which is great for someone who just wants calls and texts ppl nowadays expect a lot out if their phones in terms of camera,mp3s, videos etc these are just a basic easy to use phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

They are basically designed for old people or people who are afraid of phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

was thinking of getting a 'Simply' for my dad - but the likes of the Nokia 6021 looks like a better option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

was thinking of getting a 'Simply' for my dad - but the likes of the Nokia 6021 looks like a better option
    A phone you can use as a CB radio! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

I got a VS1 for my dad and he is very happy with it. He had a crappy motorolla for about 5 years and was due an update. It was a east to read screen with big text. It tries to simplify everything and hides some settings from the user so they don't get confused. This can be annoying if you are used to having full control of your phone's settings.

The external manual volumn switch and phone locking switch are a very good idea and I don't see why all phones don't have them!!

all in all a great phone for luddites

might be a bit simple for people who like fancy phones.

J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

Bond-007 wrote:
    A phone you can use as a CB radio! :D

I don't think Irish networks support "push to talk" just yet! so I guess no CB radio action going on here any time soon!

*over*

J

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

I am far from a luddite and well able for the more "challenging" phone, so I am sticking with what I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

ok phones but are ha-muge and really heavy, like a brick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RodVelvet

It is quite an easy phone to work but beware of the ringtones that come preloaded on them.There are only five available and even on maximum volume they can be quite difficult to hear.

I think you can download extra ringtones but try explaining to your granny how to do that!

Advertisement