Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did you start up your own company?

Options
  • 06-10-2005 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone, I was hoping that some of you will be able to help me with a project that I am doing in work. Im a business advisor and my project is to provide a database/web page which will provide assistance to people who are going to start their own company.
    1. Have any of you set up your own company? or do you know somebody who has?
    2. How difficult was it for you?
    3. Where did you go for help?
    4. Who / what/where did you find most helpful at that time?
    5. How much business background / experience did you have when you started your company?

Any information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Enilorac

Hi Everyone, I was hoping that some of you will be able to help me with a project that I am doing in work. Im a business advisor and my project is to provide a database/web page which will provide assistance to people who are going to start their own company.

So, a website a bit like this one then?

http://www.startingabusinessinireland.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

I started a company in the Uk which went into voluntary liquidation
    I started a company here which I sold to my current employer who
    then liquidated the compnay.

I had a few dealing with business advisors in my life sofar and heres
    a few of the things i learned.

Answer Cost €100
    Answer Cost €100
    Answer Cost €100
    Answer Cost €100
    5. How much business background / experience did you have when you started your company?
    Answer Cost €100

Contact me if you require any further info and I will send you a price list.

*Please note the above prices do not include VAT which will be charged
    at 21%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

There is also

http://www.basis.ie

I think this pretty much covers everything anyone would ever possibly want to know about setting up and running a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

these sites are great guys thanks a mil. also, if any of you set up a company without these sites- what was the most difficult part?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

Im a business advisor

your a business advisor and you never saw the
    http://www.basis.ie site before.

what sort of advise do you give?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

im not a general business advisor. I work for a software company and I give advice to our customers. I have a chat with them and find what programmes will suit them best for their company. I also have a degree in business and while i am aware that such websites exist im really trying to find out what difficulties they are overcoming. The idea will be that I can help our customers not just from the point of view of software but also with any trouble they may be having setting up their company and can point em in the right direction.
    Trouble is since I have never actually set up my own company I dont have first hand experience of the difficulties involved (of course I know what you need to do etc in theory but its not the same)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

In fairness you've been up front that this project is part of a commercial venture, you're looking for gaps in the startup market, and hope to fill them with the proposed web page. If that's a success let the money roll in. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Mercy Katharine

i have set up my own company ,
    extreemly difficult , no help available whatsoever
    enterprise board , grant schemes , banks - how can you provide last 12 months books to apply for a business loan when you have just started ?
    Family , Friends , Cash Loans basically called Friendship equity .
    around 5 years , with 2 years behind the scenes working from home to put it together .

Any information that you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement