Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 launch i-Mode

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

I had a go on the Samsung phone in O2 Naas, nice phone that is simple enough to use but i dont think it would survive too many falls or knocks. Will still get one though. The pack includes USB cable, stereo headphones and i think it has a miniSD card as well.
    It is available now in O2 stores, 279 on speakeasy, 79 to 229 on billpay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

I was testing imode sites on 3 compatible phones for a short time before it was launched. I thought the samsung was the easily the nicest phone.
    All sites have free subscriptions until the end of this year. You can book/buy things online. You can play chess against people over the phone. You can play all sorts of games - 1942 or ghouls n' goblins for instance.
    Also, you pay for the amount of data transferred instead of the conection time, which makes it far more economical than wap.
    You only access imode sites on it typically, of course. You couldn't directly access a gmail account for instance. Maybe you could make the mail there be forwarded to an imail account though.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 mean mr mustard

yep, you can easily forward gmail to imail. i also forward my work mail sometimes if i'm away from the office, so it's kinda like having a blackberry.

i'm using the NEC phone discussed on this thread and don't really like it. not the most user friendly of phones.

but the i-mode service itself is excellent. and i-mail is just pure class. could be a big hit for O2.

Advertisement