Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco in Galway

Options
  • 06-10-2005 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭

Just took delivery of my first home delivery order from Tesco. Must say I'm very impressed with their punctuality and service. It cost me about 7 yo-yos in delivery charge but heck, it was worth it! Not having to drag ten bags of food, beer and bogrolls all the way home :D I'm never walking out there again :p

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

oooh nice...I would consider it but I live two mins from tesco...who is that lazy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I am! I might do it some time for the laugh! I could order loads of coke for you and the others too! Save ye carrying it home!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

2 minutes + no car = many trips = seeing many things you didn't know you wanted = impulse spending ...

yeah, i bought unplanned strawberries there yesterday. the bástards!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

simu wrote:
    I am! I might do it some time for the laugh!
    Eh.........
    simu wrote:
    I could order loads of coke for you and the others too! Save ye carrying it home!

......Great Idea!!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

it starts of with strawberries .. but then you've got a few tins of cider ... and well you need nibbles ... and then you might as well get a movie to watch ....

its viscious in there especially after a nightclub ... you get the strangest cravings at 3 in the morning

last time we were in there at 3am there was an old lady buying butter and milk,that's it! and there was a God damn queue!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

error9 wrote:
    it starts of with strawberries .. but then you've got a few tins of cider ... and well you need nibbles ... and then you might as well get a movie to watch ....

its viscious in there especially after a nightclub ... you get the strangest cravings at 3 in the morning

Peanut butter and nutella on Tuc crackers. With a slice of cheese and gherkin on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

You syxpak are whats wrong with todays youth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

We have been using the on line ordering for some time now. It is excellent. My GF's brother works there and reliable informs us that, due to the fact they don't want problems or complaints from the online ordering service, they always pack the best, freshest products on the shelf. I must say it's an excellent service. You can also view your last shop (handy for those items you might buy every week ie milk, bread, FHM). Superb service and all for E5 to E7 !!

• Advertisement

To add our shopping spend has halved since ordering on-line due to the fact you won't impluse buy (strawberry's etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Methods of payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

daveg wrote:
    you won't impluse buy (strawberry's etc)
    Ha ha that's exactly what I did! Impulse buying! I knew I wouldn't have to carry this home so I went nuts :D
    My flatmates can't buy anything for days, I have all the cupboard space :p
    Seriously tho, we're gonna start do all major shopping like this, once a week-ish.

SyxPak wrote:
    Methods of payment?

Credit card my friend. Don't think they take paypal either.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Most plastic cards incl Laser

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

last time we were in there at 3am there was an old lady buying butter and milk,that's it! and there was a God damn queue!

There are always damn queues in there no matter what time you go in. The express checkouts aren't that much faster either.

Tis true,went in there at 6:30 on thurs morning and there was a good few of people including some farmer buying a hell of a lot of tissue..odd...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah and he seemed to be in an awful rush.....

LucyBliss wrote:
    There are always damn queues in there no matter what time you go in. The express checkouts aren't that much faster either.

I got to do self-check out - they must trust me. o_O

Advertisement