Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend fast up & down broadband?

• 06-10-2005 3:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

Hi there, could anyone recommend a broadband connection for an office in Dublin city centre that has both fast download and upload? They current have the standard Eircom package.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Are you talking for an office LAN? If so how many PCs? If it's a personal connection for on epc then the best deal out at the moment appears to be Digiwebs Metro package with 3Mb download and 512kb upload. Thats an improvemenet on Eircoms basic 1MB Downlink / 128kb uplink. If its an office LAN a dedicated leased line with no contention ratio would of course be more appropriate depending on the number of users/budget etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

irish broadband offer symmetrical upload/download speeds

(i.e. 2Mbps up and 2Mbps down).

Some people (including myself) have very reliable service with good connection speeds. Other people get crap connection speeds and outages. And their support is not great.

Depends on what mast you connect to a lot of the time i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

A leased line would be too expensive for what they have and they would still need an Internet connection.
    I was thinking about IBB but they are really taking a beating on these forums at the moment.

The only other thing I've seen is the Metro package from Digiweb. Anyone else?

Advertisement