Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New fighter tactics

Options
  • 06-10-2005 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭

With the new patch i feel that the fighter airplanes now have a real purpose. Air superiority is now achievable.

the only problem is it needs new tactics, its going to take less trips back to the airstrip to reload and economising your shots.

So this really only applies to the j-10/f-35b(f-18)/mig-29

first off, you need to keep your missiles as a LAST (yes last) resort. a transport/attack chopper takes less than 100 bullets to kill, an enemy plane takes 150-300 depending on how good the pilot.

always fly with your ground attack option active, this will give you a small measure of stealth when approaching a target and will highlight targets for strafing runs.

dont bother using your bombs in an anti-tank role as unless you can land them every single time its a waste of some good ordinance, besides thats what the bomber is for.

the bombs are best used as an anti-infantry and flag clearer.....

flag clearing is something new ive just realised, with the new changes enemies leaving mines, claymores, C4 at flags dropping your bombs here will create a nice clear patch for your ground pounders.

missiles.... as i said earlier, LAST resort. ive found im killing more and more people with the cannons than i am missiles, and they are perfect for when you have an easy shot, the only problem is you tend to be out of them a lot if you use them in dogfights. so hang onto them and perfect your cannon fire, then when that oppertunity target presents itself you have something to smash it with.

if anyone has anything else to add please do so.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I had been thinking this for a while anyway.
    I'm crap with guns so back to single player for me I think.

Give me a bomber over a fighter any day of the week...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Agent47

when ever i lock onto an opposing plane and fire missiles the missiles always miss even if they havnt flared, dont understand, i understand if they've dun a loop etc but wen their basically just flying ahead of u surely it shudnt miss. andone hav any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

ARe you going to fast? Are you too close to the target? Other than that I don't know...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

i usually try to avoid usin missiles as can never seem to get them to lock on & stay on target. If target is headin for our sides flag for bombin run or goin till fly over his airfield then I'll switch till missiles a few seconds before so will either scare him into movin or else should get the kill by the time get the lock. The lock will usually warn em ur behind em like so guns can usually be better.

Advertisement