Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who's a TIT boy then? :)

• 11-09-2001 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Lo all,

so who's off to Tallagh IT Tomo then...

grrrrrr, have to go up and regester and the likes, hope it not take too bloody long. Lifts are a pain for the mo' commin from Kildare. No buses near me @ all.

So who's joinin me.

Gideon.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

yeah i'm a TIT too,
    but i still havent got my poxy repeat exams results so no registration for me yet(i dont want to be a first year again),
    i was there today watching the news in the canteen.was very surreal.
    avoid the sandwich bar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Nope I am off To Dundalk IT in Louth , I dont need a lift i can drive down , its nice and close to me , but this registration crap is gonna be crap , have to go on thursday and get pics done for my id!!! i hate pics

registration does take a while,have to get pictures taken for your really bad fake looking TIT id.
    good luck tomorrow anyway!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Tallaght scum :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by OJ
    Tallaght scum :)
    yes you are :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

LO again.

Didn't get home till 6 today, i was one of the last to finish, damn why didn't i join that line sooner. I got the Student ID Card, and oh my god its so fake lookin. Don't think it be accepted in many places. But shall do the job till i get a new passport.

But they not had out a timetable, it was more like be here on monday for 9!?

oh and like is Freshers week off or just **** done organised aroudn your timetable (when we do get it)

oh defo + out of a class of 100 ppl, like 80 were girls, and pretty nice too. cool.

*shootin fish in a barrel* ?

ah well it improves the odds any way :)

Gideon. heh heh

you should get the timetable on monday.
    count yourself lucky,i'm still without exam results.
    freshers week will probably be in a couple of weeks when everyone is back and settled in.
    feel free to miss classes and drink...
    i just remember going into the pub at the start of the year....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

im just back after my first day at TIT :) i finished at 1:10 or sumthing the course doesn't start till next monday and all this week is introductory crap for ppl who haven't touched a computer before. I learned how to copy and paste today, very taxing i must say :D You did the wrong course alo i probably wont have to do any study till 2nd year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I'm a TIT also, in Tralee I.t..

Its my first day im im posting from their painfully slow 5k line :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

I'm a TIT also, in Tralee I.t..

Its my first day im im posting from their painfully slow 5k line :(

It's all so very hard...we've been doing nothing but spreadsheets all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Gideon2000
    Lo all,

so who's off to Tallagh IT Tomo then...

grrrrrr, have to go up and regester and the likes, hope it not take too bloody long. Lifts are a pain for the mo' commin from Kildare. No buses near me @ all.

So who's joinin me.

Gideon.

I escaped from Tallaght in May ... 4 years of fun and frollics travelling into the DMZ of dublin dodging scumbags, empty nagin bottles, and mopeds!!

I should point out that 'TIT' is Tralee IT, Tallaght is actually ITT (to differeniate). The original name was to be "Tallaght Institute of Technology & Science - abbreviated as TITS (which I think woulda been cool!!)

Anyway, what lecturers were there at the induction day?? Was there a guyu there who looked like Tony Monerro (John Travolta's character in Saturday night Fever?) Great lecturer - funny and sarcastic as hell ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

oh defo + out of a class of 100 ppl, like 80 were girls, and pretty nice too. cool.

*shootin fish in a barrel* ?

ah well it improves the odds any way :)

Gideon. heh heh

What feckin course is that? They didn't have those kinda numbers back when I was a lad...

Al.

God damn .. and I just left :( NoOOOOoooo. Feck I wanna go back to first year again :D

hehehe

ya i'm doin Marketing, should be alrighty, they split the marketing group up into 2 group, 60 people in each, didn't think there was 120, anyway.

Vincent ya bum! ya may have it easy for 6 months or so, but wait t ill ya start your programin, muhwhahhwhawhwah. I laugh at the thoughts, :)

Besides i'm sure i'll get by in my course, lots to see n do ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Oooops, sorry thought this thread was about something else......;-))

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

I was back in ITB ( Institiute of Technology Blanchardstown ) yesterday, registered at 11 and then I had bloody lectures till 6 o clock ! The timetable aint to bad though, im currently in work and will head into college at about 2 today and off at 6.

Any of you heads joined the ranks of ITB ??

Slaanesh

ya i'm doin Marketing, should be alrighty

AGGGGGGHHHH ... Business person .... MUTANT!!!!!!

You'll quickly discover there is a bit of a division in ITT between business students and "everyone else".

The business students just doss all day and 'hang-out'; while the rest of us do CrAzY amounts of hours from 2nd year onwards

Vincent ya bum! ya may have it easy for 6 months or so, but wait t ill ya start your programin, muhwhahhwhawhwah. I laugh at the thoughts, :)

I'll retort with what we used to say whenever the business students called us nerds or geeks ......

"At least we're not gonna end up sweeping the floor in McDonalds at the end of it all!"
    Besides i'm sure i'll get by in my course, lots to see n do ;)

Yup .. and none of that "lots to see n do" is course work :P Damn business students :D

Sorry, I'm not having a go at you. Just after 4 years in there you become a jaded cynic ;) hehehehee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

Tipperary IT :P

Originally posted by Lemming

I'll retort with what we used to say whenever the business students called us nerds or geeks ......

"At least we're not gonna end up sweeping the floor in McDonalds at the end of it all!"

ahhh low blow, i don't have any qualifcations at the mo and ya still won't find me in there!
    Ah the grand aim of things is to dodge all the glorfied reps or floor workerin jobs, get year or 2 experience in some local shoppin center or the likes and then i'm off down the country to a nice quite place and be the "cool" manger that turns up everynow and then in a tracksuit and says "good work people" before busily off for a spot of golf :cool: my needs are simple. good few years hardship and hard work *shudder* so i can take it easy for the rest, nyom, hope all goes well.

Yup .. and none of that "lots to see n do" is course work :P Damn business students :D

Sorry, I'm not having a go at you. Just after 4 years in there you become a jaded cynic ;) hehehehee [/B]

True true.:p
    can't argue with the rest, but mc donalds, come onnnnnnnnnnnn.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Wheres that little country boy Slaanesh ?!?

• Advertisement
Advertisement