Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emma Egan (2006.. hopefully) -.-

Options
  • 06-10-2005 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Em... Hello... I'll be a first time CTYI-er.. this year I hope and it shall be my first and only year *sob sob* but I have heard it is amazing! Although I'm scared I wont pass the SAT... Which I most likely will fail and be a same to my beloved Mommy and Daddy... Stupid smart a$$ sister blah blah be like Charlotte... la de da... Anyhoo... yeah... What's the test like!? One of my fweinds say it's hard and the other said its easy! Oooh yesh... And I'm a Harper! Sorry just thought I'd mention that and I'm also slightly insane... So I'll prob be a loner since most likely everyone will be 'fraid of mighty ol' Emma! Heh... :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Being insane will get you friends at CTYI. The test is dead easy in my opinion but then again you'll have to do an essay.My il sis is doing it too so I know these things. Anyway you probably will get in, don't worry be happy. :D You'll love it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

You going to go to Session 1 or 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I recall no essay being involved in the SAT. Then again, I did take it 4 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

essay?
    since when is an essay invloved?

I recall no essay being involved in the SAT. Then again, I did take it 4 years ago.
    Since all of the humanities section is multiple choice I doubt there's an essay. But then again you never know...

• Advertisement

New this year. Argue a point as far as I know. My sister Madeleine is doing it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Haha. Essays. Well, that's that. I'm never doing the SAT again. Because I do it regularly. At least once a year.*

*may not be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Sallytheragdoll

Oh No!!! I'm all scared now :( I'll gonna fail!! My parents will hate me more than they already do!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

An essay you say? *strokes nearest availible goatee* Any idea what the essay has to be on?

Oh No!!! I'm all scared now :( I'll gonna fail!! My parents will hate me more than they already do!
    Don't worry dear! you just have to argue. you've got a sister so you can get alot of practice in!

• Advertisement

my god an essay!
    what was wrong with the good old multiple choice SAT..?

My sister never went!

You going to go to Session 1 or 2?

Session 1 hopefully, but I have the JC!

woo go session 1!

Session 2 is better :p

it had to be said....

You most likely won't be going to Session 1 then.

I did my jc and went to session one in the same year.
    depends on your option subjects..

hey i like session 1, tho i also like session 2....
    but go to session 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 synge

seesion 1=amazing
    the SAT isn't that hard if you know what's on it. I suggest practice books galore.

The SAT isn't something you should have to study for. Unlike the Junior or Leaving cert which tests your ability to absorb huge chunks of information and regurgitate them when asked, the SAT measures natural ability.

Ooooh!! I'll fail... Oh god! I wanna do drama!

• Advertisement

By the way! My nickname is Beanz but someone already had it gone! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

dont, sess 1 sucks,i went to it once, she died soon after...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭jono087

session 2 does seem superior.......

AARGH! It doesn't matter I'll prob fail the SAT. Plus my dad only emailed them for a application on Friday night for the SAT... I'm so confused! I mean will they even let me in ?? I will be 16 on the 15th of June!

You'll get in. You have to be +17 to be overage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

You'll get in, and I went to session one after my JC. Just as long as you don't do music or spanish or some obscure subject...though one guy left for a day to do the exam and came back. And of course you'll get in, if not on english then on maths (the test is really easy for both)(and if you like maths the test is fun!)(YAY! Go maths!)

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Yeah. Besides the essay's a bit much. I can't write to save my life, but I'm pretty good at verbal argument and got about 90% in the SAT for english, or humanities or whatever (it was a while ago). Just cause you can't write a great essay doesn't mean you can't be great at the english language, right?

I do music! Well... I'll list all subjects I do... English, Maths, Irish, French, CSPE, H.E, Business, Music, Geography and History

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nollafyzzil

emma is rather smally......

• Advertisement

*Pokes Lizzy in the eye* I Luff you toooooooooooooooo! -.-

Advertisement