Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest From Adsl Marketing (eircom)

Options
  • 11-09-2001 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

17:46 Today (11/09) The following message arrived

Thank you for your interest in our ADSL service.
    eircom plan to launch it's DSL service later this Autumn so
    please keep an eye on the ADSL pages on www.eircom.ie for further developments. Should you have any further questions,
    please do not hesitate to call us on 1800-503 303
    for further information on the forthcoming service.

We have noted your e-mail address and as soon as we have
    additional information that may be of interest to you, we will contact you.

This reflects very well on Eircom's Marketing Department.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

You should consider yourself honoured - that's more than I (or anyone else i know who 'expressed an interest') got.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

that somewhat resembles the email I got from eircom some time ago when I registered my interest in ADSL. Course I realise that the reply is only a 'lip-service' as I'm in Cork and we all know that xDSL will take forever to get down here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Molotov

I rang that number today & a particularly nice chap named Daniel was able to tell me that my local exchange (beggars bush) , I live in Ballsbridge, Dublin 4 -is one of the exchanges been tested and that I would be able to order the adsl service on 28th september on official launch. He also told me that despite the bad press regarding high prices was untrue and that my suggested pricing of about 99€ per month for 512k /128k was about right , although he could not confirm this officially *ahem*. When inquiring about 1mb line I was told this will only be available to business cutomers, however they will offer it early next year to residential customers (me).

When I told him that I was thinking about the hi-speed offer (ISDN) he advised against it saying that dsl was cheaper for me and easier for eircom to install & to wait a few more weeks.

He also then took my numbers and details and said he would ring me around the 28th to get the service installed.

To be honest, I was very impressed.

I look forward to the 28th.

Anyone wanting to know if their exchange will be ready by the 28th give them a ring !

-the 'trialling' exchanges were listed in the leaked pdf some weeks back btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Originally posted by Molotov
    He also told me that despite the bad press regarding high prices was untrue and that my suggested pricing of about 99€ per month for 512k /128k was about right , although he could not confirm this officially *ahem*. .

I hope that I do not appear rude but I am totally confused by your posting ... the prices have been published on their web site and they are expensive (very expensive).

What is untrue?
    The bad press
    The price?
    What could he not confirm?

I will agree that anyone that I have spoken to has been helpful but beyond that I am getting rather annoyed with the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Eircom's ADSL 'deal' has made it into RTÉ's "OnBusiness" news:

http://www.onbusiness.ie/2001/0911/eircom.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

He also told me that despite the bad press regarding high prices was untrue and that my suggested pricing of about 99€ per month for 512k /128k was about right , although he could not confirm this officially *ahem*.

Whats untrue about £100 incl. VAT p/m w/ CAPS being expensive??

Quote from Martin @ the Seminar
    €ircom have you lost the plot???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Molotov

Info, I hadn't seen the published prices @ that stage, just heard from a friend. Have seen them since , and in hindsight if there is to be a cap the offer seems pretty dire. It might be worth waiting until the esat offer. by law eircom have to allow esat access to their exchanges :)

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Info, I hadn't seen the published prices @ that stage, just heard from a friend. Have seen them since , and in hindsight if there is to be a cap the offer seems pretty dire. It might be worth waiting until the esat offer. by law eircom have to allow esat access to their exchanges :)

OK ... that makes a bit more sense.
    Unfortunately, I have decided that I will not deal with Esat so I am looking at other alternatives such as COLT but I fear that I will be obliged to go with Eircom in the end.

Advertisement