Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus's Powernet looking very attractive

Options
  • 11-09-2001 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

PowerNet
    £40 p/m
    3gb cap
    lower installation charges

Does anyone know if its any use for online gaming?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

This has been discussed heavily Pimp, do a search for "powernet" on this board and you'll find plenty of information. And rants. Mostly by me.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Pimp

What i meant was this is now probably a more realistic option for a majority of peeps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

looks attractive.. what would be even more attractive is if we were supplied with an honest rollout schedule from Chorus and not 'we will contact you as soon as the quadrant opens'.

Dub is first anyway after Limerick so us Corkies will have to wait till were old and grey to get a schkelp of powernet (and then only if u live within distance and line of sight to the mast).

AFAIK a few of the members here use it for online gaming with mixed results. I recall a thread detailing some huge pings not so long ago but I think that was a powernet to powernet problem.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

My apologies Pimp, I misunderstood.

If it was an option in Cork, I'd probably take it, although I wouldn't be in the least bit happy about it (Chorus are a shower of fuppin baxtards) because I've decided to kick OnStar for the moment. Looks like I'll have to wait, like everyone else.

*sigh*

adam

Advertisement