Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lonely after breakup

• 06-10-2005 6:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever had a loving relationship for years at a young age (i.e 17+),make your partner your life and have a great time, something changes in your partners life,they move house or meet new friends and suddenly they dont love you anymore and they want to be single.Score(hate that word but you know what I mean) random people and live life up. Your left heart broken,eventually you get over that(hopefully!!) but the lonliness stays and you have no interest in going out there to make new friends(or no method or possible way to make new friends). You start to forget out him/her but you forget about yourself and end up becoming a loner. One minute you are on cloud 9(a person out there that loves you and tells you they love you every day) the next you dont even know yourself and realize how alone you are and how much he/she was your life.
    You start thinking of ways to make friends, things you used to laugh at (join a club,society,chat rooms in internet etc), but the people you used to kindof look down on you have now become. I never looked down on people who kept to themselves,its just I was never lonely before and its not a nice feeling.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

i know the feeling happened to me recently
    you get stuck in a rut an ya cant seem to dig urslef out
    it will get better.
    u need to make some life changes but only make them when u are ready
    good luck with it all it is hard but its down to you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mollytt

Sometimes if you don't feel that great about your self people can see that and it makes them act aloof. It can be a circle, you feel bad about yourself so people are more aloof and then because people are aloof you feel worse about yourself and so on.

It's hard to pick yourself out of it, you can either throw yourself in to things or you could look at NLP (Nero Linguist Programming) that is really good for cheering yourself up. Their are lot of books on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yup i have to say it has, and its not very nice but things are alot better now than they were 2 months ago when it happened...
    Anyone ever had a loving relationship for years at a young age (i.e 17+),make your partner your life and have a great time, something changes in your partners life,they move house or meet new friends and suddenly they dont love you anymore and they want to be single.Score(hate that word but you know what I mean) random people and live life up. Your left heart broken,eventually you get over that(hopefully!!) but the lonliness stays and you have no interest in going out there to make new friends(or no method or possible way to make new friends). You start to forget out him/her but you forget about yourself and end up becoming a loner. One minute you are on cloud 9(a person out there that loves you and tells you they love you every day) the next you dont even know yourself and realize how alone you are and how much he/she was your life.
    You start thinking of ways to make friends, things you used to laugh at (join a club,society,chat rooms in internet etc), but the people you used to kindof look down on you have now become. I never looked down on people who kept to themselves,its just I was never lonely before and its not a nice feeling.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

been there but in a week you'll feel slightly better and a week after that better again and before you know it you'll be king stud don't worry

But how else are you going to make your life fun at starat again for yourself?? its a pain but its true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

I had a very similar situation. A 2.5 year relationship I was in ended when I was 18. Found I withdrew for a good while. Months in fact. I remember feeling very lonely, but also strangely unsocial (I was a very sociable teenager). I did bounce back though.

Are you starting college this year perchance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

It don't get easier when you get older either. Long term relationship ended last summer and most of my friends are either married or engaged now (i've just gone 30) so chances of nights out with the lads are fairly infrequent as they've all got their own couple things to be doing.

Khannie wrote:
    I had a very similar situation. A 2.5 year relationship I was in ended when I was 18. Found I withdrew for a good while. Months in fact. I remember feeling very lonely, but also strangely unsocial (I was a very sociable teenager). I did bounce back though.

Are you starting college this year perchance?

No im finished uni im 23

Advertisement