Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resi 4 6.99 in Gamestop

Options
  • 06-10-2005 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

For some reason Gamestop on Liffey Street are selling Resident Evil 4 second hand for just 6.99, I nearly bought it but i just missed the last copy :( The staff did confirm thats the permanent price whenever they did get it in though. I'm in shock. Hopefully I'll pick it up again.

The second-hand pricing scheme is insane, Metroid Prime 2 was also 11.99 while other random unknown titles were around 25 euro, I just dont get it!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah i noticed that in Bray Gamestop too. I nearly bought a it again it was so cheap ;)

I totally agree with you though, the 2nd hand thing is crazy. They were selling Resi One remake for 5 99 so i traded in Drankengard (pure rubbish on a stick) for it. I more or less got it for free, and was one of the best games i ever played! The Gamecube trade in policy does border on insanity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

I believe Gamestop are just trying to get rid of their Gamecube section, they have very few new games as it is. Ah well alls the better for the GC owners i suppose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I wonder what price they pay to people trading in? If I was trading in Resi 4 and they offered a fiver I'd be off to Game with it...

They do seem to be eliminating Gamecube though, which is a pity because there's plenty of life in the console, it's got more to go before being replaced than either of the other two and its got some big releases left in it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I think it goes by the rarity / age of the game. For example, i got four euro for some crappy old games - Medal of Honour and the like. Common ones. But if its a really rare one - like Ico or something - you get much more, cause theyll deffo sell it. Dont understand how they make money from it though - surely all traded in games arent sold, and half are damaged...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,404 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You will actually get less for a rare game. You will get a lot for a new game but if it is old or obscure it will be the lowest price you get. Give them a copy of Ico and you will probably get 2 euro for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Speaking of ICO Retr0 - I saw it second hand in GAME in Blanch for €60 today :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

hmmm i must pop over there today. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Have you noticed that Gamestop are pushing the DS section into a tiny section of the store?

I was in Clarehall Gamestop the other day and they had the DS section in a tiny corner near the counter which was poorly merchendised and had a big sign saying trade in your DS for psp. Now i know that store has limited space but i know more people with DS consoles then psp's.

Is the DS doing that bad for the retail outlets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

Have you noticed that Gamestop are pushing the DS section into a tiny section of the store?

I was in Clarehall Gamestop the other day and they had the DS section in a tiny corner near the counter which was poorly merchendised and had a big sign saying trade in your DS for psp. Now i know that store has limited space but i know more people with DS consoles then psp's.

Is the DS doing that bad for the retail outlets?

I would imagine so ... sure GC sections have almost disappeared from GAME, HMV and Gamestop ... and that is with loads of games ... the DS still has hardly any more than it;s launch titles in Europe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Rockshandy

Speaking of ICO Retr0 - I saw it second hand in GAME in Blanch for €60 today :eek:

19.99 in Gamestop when its in stock! my mate works there!!! LOVELY!!! :D

• Advertisement

If I had a copy, I sure wouldnt be selling it off for six euro store credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Some kid came in and taunted us with a copy of ICO yesterday... asked us how much it's worth as a trade-in (€25) and then says "Oh, I heard it was rare, just wanted to see how much it's worth".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

ICO is impossible to find 2nd hand in a high street retailer - purely because the staff get to them first! Once there was a mint copy of ICO with the art cards traded in, and it was going to sell for something silly like €15. The staff almost came to blows over who got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

the reason second hand games are cheap is often because they have a lot of stock. their computers probably don't differenciate between great new(ish) games and random crap from 1995

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

Never heard of ICO, should I hang my head in shame?

I dont see hanging! ;)
    Nah, it's just one of the best games on the PS2. Its a kinda platformer / puzzler where you have to help a girl out of a castle. Theres pretty much no speaking throughout. Its a thing of beauty, although it is now impossible to get a hold of, but there is a sequel of sorts - Shadow of the Collosus - on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Rockshandy

speaking of gamestop deals a the moment.....donky kong bongo's PLUS GAME 5.99!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Your ideas interest me. I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Rockshandy wrote:
    speaking of gamestop deals a the moment.....donky kong bongo's PLUS GAME 5.99!!!!!

What a steal.

I'll have to pop my head in there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

really?? 2nd set coming up for me!

• Advertisement
Advertisement