Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 disc troubles

Options
  • 06-10-2005 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Bought BF2 an hour ago, come home and pop it into my DVD drive and it wont play.

I googled BF2 + my DVD drive, and it seems because of BF2's copy protection, it doesnt work with LG 8151B DVD drives.

So I have a(presumably) valid cd-key, but the DVD wont work on my PC.

Anyone any ideas of how I can bypass this? I'm downloading a warezed BF2 to install, but im told I still need the dvd to play(stupid stupid)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Try rebooting the PC with the DVD already in. That's the only way I can get it to read in my drive. If I put the disc in with the PC already up and running, it just won't read it.
    Stupid copy protection.

A warez copy surely would be cracked? As long as you have a legit CD key I don't see anything wrong with it, but I ain't no lawyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Seen this issue before so not closing the whole big assed warez thread that will possibly spew from this.

But copy it, mount it and use your original cd key, there is no way of playing the game online on ranked servers without the cdkey.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Snow

Stephen wrote:
    Try rebooting the PC with the DVD already in. That's the only way I can get it to read in my drive. If I put the disc in with the PC already up and running, it just won't read it.
    Stupid copy protection.

A warez copy surely would be cracked? As long as you have a legit CD key I don't see anything wrong with it, but I ain't no lawyer.
    Yeah, but sometimes patches check the .exe/.dll filesize's when they patch, and all in all a crack ends up a PITA.

One of those mini disc image things might work

I'll try the reboot thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The mini images do work

*cough*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

99% of the warez versions won't help you as you won't be able to patch them and you'll be stuck with a list of 50 odd servers to play on.

'mini image' is what you need. Go Google or ask on the TotalBF2 forums.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Snow

Got it working, but when I try create a new account it says my e-mail/password is previously registered.

Tried 2 e-mails and 4 passes, still spits it out.

Then it launches me to a website that gives a 404.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Hey, I think you need to create a fileplanet account so that you can play on ranked servers, and you use the email address and pass you provided to login.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Snow wrote:
    Got it working, but when I try create a new account it says my e-mail/password is previously registered.

Then you just need to use the 'retrive account' option to log in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

create a iso copy of a friends mount never need cd again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

i put up a post about this not being able to make and iso of the cd. the mini image was suggested to me but i havent got round to giving it a try, will do this weekend, but i'd also like to be able to make a backup of the original cd so if anyone knows how to let me know!

• Advertisement
Advertisement