Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from the politics forum for calling hairyheretic a heretic.

Options
  • 06-10-2005 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

Ridiculous.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Boo-hoo.
    PM mod.
    Not right forum.
    Amp test.
    Click here.

Right, I think thats about all possible Feedback thread responses covered by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Good thing you didn't call him Hairy, never know what would of happened then.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Boo-hoo.
    PM mod.
    Not right forum.
    Amp test.
    Click here.
    Heh. Got banned once for posting that link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭black_jack

I'd suggest its not the word but the intent. In much the same way the term ****** can be used among african americans as a common term of address, and an affection greeting I doubt if someone of that ethnic origin was addressed by boss hog in that manner, they'd take it so good natured.

In short the intention of how the words are meant, is more important than the actual words. Seeing as you meant it as an isult or degorgative term, I recommend you look into your christian heart, forgive your transgressors, and suck it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement