Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox LIVE user- BB Question

• 07-10-2005 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

As an user of XBox live, I am currently using eircom broadband. I have a 1 meg connection but find I can get really bad lagg at times from it.

A few of my other mates (with eircom to) have the same problem on live.

Have been looking to change to another BB provider for a while now, but dont know who to change to.

Have heard good and bad things from Irish broadband. Not sure who toi change to.

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

Your going to get bad lag at peak times with most ISPs

Eircoms service is depends on where you are if
    your on the west coast forget it. Dublin Cork Galway are the best bets for good eircom connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

The problem with Xbox live is:

1. The location of the game servers
    2. Our slow upload speeds

People in the states will always have a distinct advantage over us as they're always host of games. The lag is as a result of our snail like 128kb/s uplink. I'm tempted to try Digiwebs Metro package as that has an uplink of 512kb/s, so 4x the speed. Should see a large improvement in performance...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Don't touch IBB with a ten foot stick!! They are awful for gaming.

NTL cable BB is probably one of the best services available. Good spec, very low latency (pings), low price.

1m/100k = €25
    2m/200k = €35
    3m/300k = €45

However they aren't available everywhere, you need to check with them.

Smart BB 2m/128k = €35

I've been hearing good things about Digiwebs Metro service and Clearwires service (both wireless BB), however they are both pretty new, so it is hard to tell.

Advertisement