Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford to Cork - Speed Traps

Options
  • 07-10-2005 5:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

I'm leaving work at 6am (an hour time) and going straight to Cork from waterford. I'm not a dangerous driver but at this time in the morning I wouldn' t mind doing 70 on a good road etc. Is there any common Garda speed points along the way that I should look out for. Sound.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Too late now but for future reference, watch yourself around Carrigtwohill. They're right sneaky bastards down that way, hand around on off-ramps to catch you going instead of coming.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Watch out as well going into Lemybrien after Dungarvan and on the straight new stretch of road between Lemybrien and Kilmeaden

Mmmm, cheddar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Coming into Cork City on the Lower Glanmire Road around Lota - both directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

also under the overpass in Midleton !! definitely Carraigtwohill and near Silversprings as the others have said already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

greglo23 wrote:
    also under the overpass in Midleton !! definitely Carraigtwohill and near Silversprings as the others have said already.
    You're three days late!!

Handy info for future reference though. Perhaps a change of title, make it easier to search for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

also, I've done 70 past speed traps on the waterford road many a time and never been stopped. afaik the guns allow for 10% error. 70mph on my clock is 103kph on my gps. I'm more inclined to trust a few billion dollar satellites than the speedo in a van worth about as much as a week old turd.

Not that I'm condoning breaking the national speed limits or anything.. no no

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Just past the corner where Water Street (just off the low road inbound) hits the quay seems to be a popular spot for traps and checkpoints - no warning whatsoever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

There usually is a squad outside Carrick town and outside Kilsheelan.

Advertisement