Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greyhound Syndicate

Options
  • 07-10-2005 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any information on greyhound syndicates in Ireland. Contacts, etc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 anchorman

contact the igb directly. they'll look after everything for you. ring DJ Heston, you'll get numbers off www.igb.ie

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i've being Toying with the Idea of trying to set up a Boards.ie Syndicate....

would anyone be intrested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 cisco

hi. would def be interested if we could get a few people 2gether. Iv Got 1 dog already just startin 2 race soon and wouldnt mind another interest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭GOAT_Ali

Banned - AS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 notaclue

Hi I Would Like To Buy Someone A Greyhound As A Present Any Idea Of Approx How Much That Would Cost.................

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 notaclue

And Is A Pup Cheaper How Much Are They Thanks

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Depends on breeds,

A good piece of Advice would be to contact a Breeder, and/or trainer,

to be honest, the syndicate that i'm in recently paid 400 for a pup each....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 cisco

try greyhound-data com or globalgreyhounds.com Each of these have classified sections with diff priced dogs. Another way is to buy greyhound weekly or the sporting press in easons and choose from their selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 josh88

notaclue wrote:
    And Is A Pup Cheaper How Much Are They Thanks

If you do not know anyone in the industry be very very carefull about getting involved. A lot of Breeders and trainers will see you coming and give you a jack russell.

I have been involved in Greyhound racing now for the last 10 years and have gone through all the emotions.

PM me if you like and i will try and put you on the right line.

Syndicates can be dangerous at the best of times but if you guys are going to go ahead with one please keep me in the loop as i am very interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

I'd be interested in throwing a few bob at a syndicate (I think).

What would be the estimated costs of buying a dog, ongoing training expenses etc....?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 josh88

Culchie wrote:
    I'd be interested in throwing a few bob at a syndicate (I think).

What would be the estimated costs of buying a dog, ongoing training expenses etc....?

Cost of the dog/bitch could cost anything between 100 and 10000 Yoyo's depending on breeding.

Best bet is to buy it young and unraced.

Training fee's are about 250 yoyo's a month. You will also need to cover any vet fee's etc.

Advertisement