Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sco Unix

• 12-09-2001 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Hiyahs,

A quicky on Sco Unix (openserver) 2.3.

Basicly we have a sco-unix 2.3 server in one of our offices and our suppliers are saying that it cant do tcp/ip and it would have to be completely upgraded to ver 5+

Does it have tcp/ip facilities? if not, can it be upgraded to do so ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Eric..

What do you mean that it cant 'do TCP/IP'?

If a machine is to be a server, or work in any work environment, bar if its a stand alone server then it would need TCP/IP

If it was just going to be a server, running whatever, maybe you could just slap a terminal on it and run it as a standalone system?

For the sake of it..

SCO has kinda died, any option to move flavours of unix?

(I used to know a chap called Mell who could have helped you :D )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Most older servers used serial connections with the original tty's being serial ports.

I can't change just yet, im trying to resolve other issues first, the main one, get tcp/ip working on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

ahhhhhh - I get ya now..

Its a bit before my time, I had a quick look and all I really found that you may not have is..

SCO newsgroup FAQ - TCP/IP

or

Tek-Tips Forums - Sco

I have a big ass SCO book at home, from my 'past life', I will check later and update

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Thanks Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Scobe Unix?

• Advertisement
Advertisement