Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Show Spoilers

• 07-10-2005 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Jim Ross is set to be fired on an upcoming edition of raw.. Vince will come out and fire him, lawler will follow him out..
    The reported replacement is the head commentator on UFC in the states.. Ross and lawler are going to be doing commentry on velocity and heat as wwe really are trying to push wwe.com...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 corpus

And About Time Tooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Gonna be a great slobberknocker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Have to say, i think it's a really weird move. Jim Ross isn't as good as he was 6/7 years ago, but he's still the best they've got. I don't see how replacing him with a guy from UFC is going to help much. I'd love to see them get rid of lawler because he's being doing the same routine for a decade now. I'm getting used to Coach on commentary now, would never put him as a play-by-play, but he's doing a lot better as a colour guy because he seems to have stopped being the heel announcer just for the sake of being a heel announcer. Maybe joey styles as a repalcement? but i really don't see him in the same league as JR(he was very good at 'one night stand' though)
    I'd be disappointed to see JR go.
    Anyone been reading the ross report on wwe.com? It's good to see it back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Anyone that says Jim Ross leaving the announce to booth on raw is a good thing baffles me. They'll be the same people who'll say how much they miss him in 6 weeks time. He is one of if not the greatest play by play man in wrestling. Mike Goldberg is a good announcer in the UFC (he has little knowledge of wrestling) and I realise that nobody lasts forever but this sudden move is just mind boggling.

It's only when Jim Ross goes that his critics who I realise are in the minority realise 1. how good he was and 2. that they actually miss him.

In my opinion they should give Goldberg the internet gig for a year to get him settled into the job and if he's showing enough progress then consider making this big switch.

There are a hundread things wrong with the WWE right now eg. Jillian Halls mole, LOD 500 etc. Jim Ross was/is not one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭The Cannibal

The one sure way to improve the Raw commentating team is to put Paul Heyman back in there, in the months that Lawler was gone Heyman would make me watch some weeks just to hear him commentate even if I wasn't in the mood for watching. Heyman and Ross had a great partnership because I think there was a genuine hatred between them, Heyman used to keep Ross on his toes and keep him on top form.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Oooooohhhhh it looks like JR will be running like a scalded daawwg!

I wouldn't mind if JR went on break and was replaced by Heyman tho'! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Wasnt he fired before? Im confused, i dont know why he puts up with all this sheet from Vince, they should get into the ring and have an old fashioned barn burner :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Moogle

He's not really being fired. He's just being moved off RAW to WWE.com. He's the Vice President of Talent Relations as well so he's quite high up in WWE. His TV "firing" was meant to be tonight but this could be put off as his proposed replacement (a guy named Mike Goldberg form Ultimate Fighting) turned down a WWE contract. This could mean it'll be Coach (who I think is pointless) and the King for a while.

Advertisement