Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted : White Kitten

Options
  • 07-10-2005 1:27pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As Above !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Check out kitten adoption http://www.kittenadoption.ie/ they had a few white kittens recently if I remember correctly. Or a cat rescue in your area

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Local pet store might have notices with people offering free to good home kitties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

I'll just warn you, white cats (and a lot of white dogs) have a tendency to be deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Nala wrote:
    I'll just warn you, white cats (and a lot of white dogs) have a tendency to be deaf.
    Not only that, but they are also usually very sensitive to UV, especially on their ears, and need to either be protected from the sun on bright sunny days, or have some kind of sunblock applied. I've seen photos of white cats with skin cancer on their ears and it isn't pretty :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

My favourite cats are black cats. Any black cat I've ever owned has had the sweetest, most gentle temperment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Some white cats are deaf and they do need to be kept out of the sun and have sun block put on their ears, if you choose a white cat and it turns out to be deaf they must be kept as a house cat only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CookieCat

Kitten adoption does indeed have 2 white kittens at the moment (White kittens are homed quickly though)
    1. Female Purdy... She is white long haired and was spotted by an eagle eyed trucker sitting on he wheel rim of his truck!!!. She has been health checked and we do believe her to be deaf. We will work with her on Hand/vibration signals and a torch!!!. She will not be re homed till past fit by our vet and after vaccination. We do not re home single kittens before the age off 10 weeks preferably 12.
    Our adoption form is on our website.WWW.kittenadoption.ie.

2. Mopsy. Is approx 4 months old Mother tested for FeLV and FIV.NEG.He is fully vaccinated and does not carry the deaf gene. An indoor home is sought for Mopsy.

Please note. Free to good homes advertisements. While the sentiment may be with the best interest of the kittens at heart. :rolleyes:
    Please enquire if the mother is going to be spayed? At this time of year feline rescues are inundated with the products of irresponsible owners not neutering and spaying their cats.
    Also kittens free to good homes may not have had the basic care. I.E Worms and all kittens will be born with worms is one of the biggest killers in kittens due to worm toxicity.They should also have had a flea preparation age appropriate.
    They should also have clear eyes, noses and ears. Coat should be glossy and no skin conditions.A healthy kitten should be bright and alert.
    Ideally they should have been seen by a vet prior to re homing.

Claire.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

One quick question , Does Mopsey have blue eyes .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I have a multi coloured one, but I can paint her white if you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CookieCat

Mopsy eyes are golden. Blue eyes are common (Not always) with the gene for deafness. Purdy Kitten has one blue eye and one green eye. Scary kitten.
    Claire.

• Advertisement
Advertisement