Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi TT are they still Cool?

Options
  • 07-10-2005 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭

Im thinking of Buying an Audi TT are they still Cool or
    do only gimps drive them

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I think its a cool car, quite reasonable second hand too. Small fitting though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

The Resale is not bad either 50% after 5 years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

cough....gimp....cough!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

This thread should be in motors, not FS motors...

Its a design icon. But its not a drivers car really. But they are nippy enough. When they were new I would have said yes, cool definately. But now, if I had the money I dunno if I'd buy one. I think a new Golf GTI is probably a cooler car at the moment.

Coolness is relative. I think for the price there are cooler cars. Depends on the type of car you are looking for. I'd prefer a VX200 or Elise myself. But then they really aren't that practical as everyday cars. Whats the budget?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I know sombody who has driven golf GTi's, BMW M's, various other motors and they keep coming back to the TT as their fav to drive.

• Advertisement

Rew wrote:
    I know sombody who has driven golf GTi's, BMW M's, various other motors and they keep coming back to the TT as their fav to drive.

..well it is a Golf GTI so maybe its the placebo effect of the styling? Certainly the interior is fantastic on them. Nice place to be. I'm a sucker for Audi's styling most of the time. To be honest when your commuting 90% it doesn't really matter which is the sharper driver does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Excuse the phrase but its a Hair Dressers car :rolleyes: , very "cute" is how most women tend to describe it. What you want is a Honda S2000 ;) .

Excuse the phrase but its a Hair Dressers car :rolleyes: , very "cute" is how most women tend to describe it. What you want is a Honda S2000 ;) .

Ah the world according to clarkson.....

What exactly is a hardressers car then? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Ah the world according to clarkson.....

What exactly is a hardressers car then?

I try to live my life by Clarksons teachings :D, hahaha, legend of a man.
    The Audi just seems very feminine to me, almost like a sporty version of the new Volksvagen Beetle
    http://auto.consumerguide.com/images/autoreview/400x266/2005-Audi-TT-04601091990003.JPG
    Besides that, the S2000 is a MUCH better car, if you care about driving rather than your image you want the the Honda :).

I try to live my life by Clarksons teachings :D, hahaha, legend of a man.
    The Audi just seems very feminine to me, almost like a sporty version of the new Volksvagen Beetle
    http://auto.consumerguide.com/images/autoreview/400x266/2005-Audi-TT-04601091990003.JPG
    Besides that, the S2000 is a MUCH better car, if you care about driving rather than your image you want the the Honda :).

I don't agree with your reasoning, about clarkson or the car, but I'd prefer the Honda myself. But then I ran a MrkII CRX for a while. I've a soft spot for Honda's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Ernie Ball

Woman think the S2000 is 'cute' too. In fact, when a woman says a car is 'cute,' she just means that she likes it, I find.

Didn't we just have a thread on this topic, though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭69 mustang

roughan wrote:
    Im thinking of Buying an Audi TT are they still Cool or
    do only gimps drive them

I never knew the TT was once cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I think the Audi TT was once a cool car, I bought a new one in 2001, and at the time everyone wanted one. But to be honest there was only a few around. Now it seems every jumped up boy racer either has one or wants one, so no, I don't think the're cool anymore. I personally think that the performance is only adequate and the looks are fading fast. Needless to say I sold mine after five months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

No, they're dated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

Nooooooooooooooooo. Dont buy one - that goes for all of you who think its cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I like the tt wish i could afford one. they built a lot of understeer into later models as the excellent suspension set up of the older one caught out unsuspecting drivers. I saw a brand new one upside down in a ditch, I swear I almost cried.
    Hey buy one if you like them, lifes too short.
    I love the look of them.

stratos wrote:
    I like the tt wish i could afford one. they built a lot of understeer into later models as the excellent suspension set up of the older one caught out unsuspecting drivers. I saw a brand new one upside down in a ditch, I swear I almost cried.
    Hey buy one if you like them, lifes too short.
    I love the look of them.

I thought theres was a problem with the aerodynamics at very high speed, not the suspension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

you could be right, I may have bee'n thinking of the a class.

stratos wrote:
    you could be right, I may have bee'n thinking of the a class.

...they failed the deer test.... Might be the Smart either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

It's based more on the AWD Golf R32, not the FWD GTI. It'll grip, that's for sure.

• Advertisement

ssh wrote:
    It's based more on the AWD Golf R32, not the FWD GTI. It'll grip, that's for sure.

Well broadly similar at least.

1.8T FWD similar to Golf GTI
    1.8T 225BHP 4WD Similar to Audi S3
    3.2 V6 4WD similar to R32

AFAIK, I'm sure theres differences, but the chassis is the same as the old GOLF isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,405 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I still applaud VW for getting the TT into production in the first place! After all it was just a concept car to start with. They deservedly made money by doing so imho
    roughan wrote:
    are they still Cool
    According to the fashion police, they aren't. Does that stop you? They won't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

for the money you get them for now I think its a pretty cool car. A decent sports car with decent performance and lots of aftermarket options for the engine if you get bored.

Its a design classic, audi's best work.

Advertisement