Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FEAR and Black & White 2 reviews

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

PCZone gave Black & White 2 93%. There reviews generally live up to my expectations when I play the actual games so I'll defo give the demo a go.

Looking forward to playing FEAR,its defiantly on my to buy list.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

dent wrote:
    PCZone gave Black & White 2 93%. There reviews generally live up to my expectations when I play the actual games so I'll defo give the demo a go.

I really wouldn’t buy black and white 2 its a terrible game no matter what pc zone or ign says read the official black and white 2 forum its wall to wall disappointment with a few fanboys desperately trying to defend the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

bizmark wrote:
    I really wouldn’t buy black and white 2 its a terrible game no matter what pc zone or ign says read the official black and white 2 forum its wall to wall disappointment with a few fanboys desperately trying to defend the game.

I rarely buy games nowadays without playing the demo first. I'll stop by the forums too though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im not a fanboy of B&W i gave up on the last game after i beat it, it just got tedious at the end as i had so much power.

But i do like B&W2, and i wouldnt flat out tell people not to buy it or buy it.
    give it a shot, you may like it, if you dont so what play another game.

never judge a game by its demo, some games have better demos than the finished product, some demos stink so much that it will turn you away from the fin ished game which might be a GEM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

just finished b&W2, bit of a let down but ahh well, i did enjoy it, (and i did just get fear)

i only just figured out how to link troops when i was killing the last of the enemy soldiers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Just finished FEAR. Superb. There were quite a few plot points that were not resolved and stuff that didn't make an awful lot of sense - but the last 60 seconds of the game was absolutely fantastic and an amazing way to end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ]HaVoC[

I am currently enjoying B&W2 i liked the first one it was a good game but i really like the way you can build walls etc in this one quite easily and makes the towns look sweet!

I have had some problems already, keeps freezing maybe once a half hour for about minute :S dunno why but still nice game.

I really want to play fear everyone says it's brillaint! So i'll give it a go soon! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

B&WII = same old thing.

Expended all my patience playing B&W, playing this new one just brings the old hatreds back. Pointless "game" imo.

Still have to get FEAR tho. Demo was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Pc Format didn't think much of B&W 2 giving it 67%. I won't bother with it myself after finding it's predeccessor mind numbingly tedious. We're hungry wah! Feed us! GET OFF YOUR ASS AND GET YOUR OWN DAMNED FOOD!

Fear though. Oh yes, wantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

F.E.A.R is bloody brilliant, It just gets better and better, pretty scary too nearly fell off my chair while going through an elevator shaft last night. Has to be played on the hardest setting though.

I just love popping around a corner and throwing a sticky grenade to some poor grunt and waiting till he runs towards his mate and then pressing the trigger!

Also the AI is sweet, you almost have to think like your playing CS as they flank quite well and wont come out into the open is they see you.

S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Am i the only one who was slightly disappointed with F.E.A.R after reading all the hype?

Played the game on the hardest setting and never really had a problem with any bit. Sure i died a few times but i was never really stuck.
    Also i played the game as much as possible with the lights out at night. There were only two points really where i cacked myself. The two are:
    Where your man suddenly is behind that box and knocks ya out and the other was where you encounter those invisible(most of the time) guys who do mellee damage for the first time

Now don't get me wrong, the AI was superb(better than superb infact) and the plot was half decent. Graphics were pretty top notch too (which i unfortunately find important) but there was just something missing. A little more variety would have been nice i guess. The enemies were basically the same the whole way through, with the same tactics. Sure every now and then you meet something new but then you kill it (using whatever means) and your back to 30-45mins of the old squad after squad, wading through enemies. I'm rambling a bit now but i think there was too much ammo and health packs in the game. I never really ran below full health packs available and never ever ran outta ammo(tho outta grenades etc a few times :p ). Would have been great to have been forced to go melee more often or think of a way to save ammo by getting more "bang for buck".

Overall its a very good game but it came just short of being a contender for greatness.
    [/rant]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ]HaVoC[

Just after uninstalling B&W2, it got so so so boring :mad: I mean there wasn't really anything great as the game progresses. I was hoping for some more variety etc but it just wasn't there.

I was enjoying it at the start with the new buildings and some more creature options but after a while it got boring! Although i got the chance to play F.E.A.R and what a game! ;) It really has got an edge on most out there with some nice graphics and smart AI. I can see why people say its boring and repetitive but still its a brilliant game, if you haven't tried it yet give it a go. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

im on the last level of B&W2 now, my tiger can cast all spells and ive started slapping him senseless to turn him into an evil warrior :D
    I have the siren wonder, the others cost waaaay too much. i mean where the hell are you supposed to get 1 million tribute for the volcano?

But in all i enjoyed the game. (ive moved off it to play x3 fo a while)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I managed to enjoy B&W2, but not very much. Its got a LOT of problems, and most reviews I've read annihilated it, and I found myself agreeing with almost everything they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

compared to say Half Life 2 : The lost Coast does fear seem a little too demanding considering the graphics. Sure they are nice ( some lovely effects in fairness ) but it just seems way to hard on the system

Ive a decent machine too 3.6ghz, 2 gig ram and an x850xt pe. This is a machine that can throw around bf2, cod2 and hl2:tlc at 1600 res with no probs but fear is murder on it

Advertisement