Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows Installer Service on NT4

• 07-10-2005 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Howayaz, does anyone have any idea of an easy way to remove and reinstall the Windows Installer Service on Windows NT 4 SP6a when it starts to act the bollox? It's just I've tried reinstalling Service Pack 6A and all the latest windows patches and still no joy. When I try to install the latest version of the windows installer service, it says it already exists, but when I look in 'services' it ain't there (now I wasn't sure it was going to be in there but it is called the windows installer 'service')

Anyway, ranting aside, can anyone help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

what error codes, messages..what is it that you do, that makes it act the bollox?

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭davil

haven't got the PC here atm but it said that the windows installer service is not installed correctly and I should reinstall but I can't cos when I try it says already there.

Advertisement