Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nostradamus 1654

Options
  • 12-09-2001 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

this is it....

"In the City of God there will be a great thunder, Two brothers torn apart by Chaos, while the fortress endures, the great leader will succumb", "The third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

and the irish save the day!!

"The third war can only be prevented by the workers in the merchants of the city of the emerald country leaving their mechanical abacus' and finding an ale house, this will be done in the 13th hour of the 12th day of the ninth moon of the 2nd year of the 3nd millenium" -

Nostradamus 1654

although this is really freaky... bertie just announced a national day of moarning...in the
    "...13th hour of the 12th day of the ninth moon of the 2nd year of the 3nd millenium"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 772 ✭✭✭Chaos-Engine

what Quatrains and Centuries are these particual pradictions... I got Nostradamus books and pradictions but i would like to pin point these pradictions... Do you know the Quatrainats and Centuries involved (the index system)

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

from [url]www.nostradamus-repository.org:[/url]

The following quatrain has been circulating the Internet after the
    WTC bombings.

In the City of God there will be a great thunder,
    two brothers torn apart by chaos,
    while the fortress endures, the great leader will sucumb.
    The third big war will begin when the big city is burning.

It is NOT by Nostradamus.

The original source may be
    http://www.ed.brocku.ca/~nmarshal/nostradamus.htm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

I wouldn't get too caught up with what that pothead had to say, though it would make for an intriguing read. As pie said in the other topic, he said so many things that some of them had to be plausible. Furthermore, the terrorists planned this very very well and this must have been plotted by them a long time back. I'm sure they chose their day carefully too!!! Their goal was to maximise the fear and terrorise the Americans. So why not plot their mission around the words of Nostradamus..."the ninth moon of the 2nd year of the 3nd millenium"..."big city is burning"....maximise the fear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"The third war can only be prevented by the workers in the merchants of the city of the emerald country leaving their mechanical abacus' and finding an ale house, this will be done in the 13th hour of the 12th day of the ninth moon of the 2nd year of the 3nd millenium" - hmmm yeah that's a novel excuse to give your boss when you come back into work after lunch pissed, but you'll have to wait till next year as it is only the first year of the current millenium.

2000 years had passed since the "birth of Jesus" at the end of the 2000th year not the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Sure its no widely accepted that in all likelyhood Jesus was born in what we call 3bc (its been accepted that our calendar has been ****ed ways for many centuries). Whens the millenium then?

everyone who's a 'Nastradamus Panicist' go to that site

http://www.ed.brocku.ca/~nmarshal/nostradamus.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

well I did have the birth of Jesus in quotes like this "birth of Jesus" as if to say the so-called birth of Jesus that we are lead to believe was the start of our callendar.

The fact of the matter is that the first year of the ADs was 1 therefore after the 2000th year has passed is the begining of the 3rd millenium of the ADs not the start

.:o Oops first time round I said BC when I meant AD

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I was speaking with an american friend last night on the phone and she said sept. 11 marks the anniversary of the signing of the middle east peace agreement by Jimmy Carter in the 1970's........at camp david.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 i am god....no seriously

well.....now i can sleep easily in bed......NOT......i'm going to have nightmares for the rest of my days, not only that everytime i close my eyes, i see that plane and those poor doomed people being driven into that building....with full intent of destruction and death, and i cant understand why anyone could have so much disregard for human life........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hoolia

NOSTRA DAMNED US
    In the city of York there will be a great collapse, two twin brothers torn apart by chaos. While the fortress falls the great leader will succumb, third big war will begin when the big city is burning

THE world-wide web was buzzing yesterday with claims that the tragedy in the US was foretold by Nostradamus. Office workers e-mailed two chilling prophecies around the world and scores of Internet websites also carried the alleged visions of the 16th-century French seer.

The first read: "In the year of the new century and nine months. From the sky will come a great King of Terror. The sky will burn at 45 degrees.Fire approaches the great new city."

The second read: "In the city of York, there will be a great collapse. Two twin brothers torn apart by chaos. While the fortress falls, the great leader will succumb. Third big war will begin when the big city is burning."

However, one of the world's leading experts on Nostradamus dismissed the suggestions the French visionary gave a chilling glimpse of the apocalypse.

Peter Lemesurier, who has written six books on Nostradamus, said: "The first verse is a complete non-starter. His words have been twisted and badly-translated. "Nostradamus never wrote about the new century and the ninth month, but 1999 and the seventh month. He did not write about the King of Terror, but the Host King.

"As for the second prophecy, it's a total invention. It was never written by Nostradamus. It's a complete nonsense, the figment of someone's imagination."

Lemesurier said the closest the soothsayer came to predicting the
    terrorist attack on New York was a vague reference in his prophecy 6:97.

It reads: "At five and 40 degrees the sky will burn. Fire will approach the great new city. Vehemently scattered flame will jump up. When they try conclusions with the northerners."

But the author pointed out: "New York sits on a 40 degree parallel - 45 degrees is 300 miles away. There are towns in France, Italy and Spain with names that literally mean 'new city' - such as Villeneuve in south-west France - that sit exactly on a 45 degree parallel.

"I don't think he predicted the dreadful events in the United States at all." Nostradamus was born in 1503 in the south of France and studied astronomy and astrology, but did not begin writing his prophecies until the age of 52.

Supporters claim he has foretold major world events from the birth of Napoleonic empire, to the rise of Hitler to the nuclear attack on Hiroshima.But Lemesurier claimed: "Nostradamus was a clever businessman, a PR man who knew on which side his bread was buttered. He left his language as vagueas possible to cover every eventuality. "People have turned to him at this time to put meaning into a terrible act no-one really understands."

Lemesurier estimates that only five per cent of Nostradamus's 6338 four-line predictions, known as quatrains, have come true. He said:
    "Nostradamus did not clearly predict most of the major events for which he is credited. He could be credited with prophecising the French Revolution and the Napoleonic Empire generally, but not specifically.

"For me, his most impressive prediction referred to the rise and fall of the Soviet Empire, which he predicted would take 74 years -the date of the October Revolution in 1917 to the fall of Communism in 1991."

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i wonder how he managed to make all these prophasies years after his death?
    see thread on boards\humanities

• Advertisement
Advertisement