Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet care / insurance

Options
  • 07-10-2005 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭

Are there any Pet insurance schemes here? I know insurance if crazy expensive here but still.

I think some vets might do their own. Anyone know for sure? Is there somewhere you could pay a monthly or yearly premium and then ALL vet visits are covered?

Oh and maybe this could be turned into a sticky or added to the links one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Only one as far as I'm aware, Allianz - http://www.allianzdirect.ie/ There's an own risk involved, and it doesn't cover routine stuff like vaccinations or regular checkups.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Allianz are the only ones that do pet insurance at the moment in Ireland. You pay a set amount (annually / monthly) you can get details on their website of what is / isn't covered. Most vets have leaflets also. (they only do cats or dogs)

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Shewhomustbe...

I, and my bunnies,would be very grateful if you would sign my petition (and get anyone you know to :D )
    I'm trying to get Allianz to start covering rabbits (they already do in the UK)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭pinkyirl

we have the allianz pet plan for our dog & it only costs €9 a month...and has saved us over €1500 this year. she developed a womb infection early in the year which took a few courses of antibiotics, several blood tests & an ultra sound to clear. unfortunately it came back so we went through the whole procedure again - but the vet recommended that we spay her once the infection was clear, or she would just contract it again. so in total, all the medicine, tests, operation etc - came to just about €1500, all of which went through the insurance.

so it's definitely money well spent if you love your pet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Question... Did you have to pay the Vet and then claim back off insurance? Or is it more like VHI where its billed directly to insurer?

• Advertisement
Advertisement