Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking Up By Sms

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

chump wrote:
    So you dumped him by txt as you wanted to get randy with a few ramdomers. You did. After having enough of getting off with the randomers you realised you missed your boyfriend, as with him there was more than just "getting off" and so now you want him back?

Straight question, how many people were you with in the meantime?

You never answered my question OP... your boyf might want to know before he gets back with you, did you get all the loving you needed in the time yas were apart, or are ya gona go chasing other boys from the niteclubs that you dumped him for even when yas are back together?

I don't understand how he can take you back.
    You dumped him as you wanted a bit of action on the single scene.
    You get that (nice idea for him I'd say)
    And after yav had that you want him back?

In in the name of jeeesas I hope he doesn't take you back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

What's your problem? Done a similar thing in the past have you?
    No, I just think this thread is getting a bit rough on the OP. Same thing being said over and over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

I broke up with my bfriend by tx and now I want him back!!!!!! We were together nearly three years. He wont acknowledge me at all and after a month I know that I love him and I begged him to forgive me or even speak to me!!!! Am I really a bad person, do I deserve this ill treatment
    I want doesn't get. Acknowlege your mistake and move on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

I broke up with my bfriend by tx and now I want him back!!!!!! We were together nearly three years. He wont acknowledge me at all and after a month I know that I love him and I begged him to forgive me or even speak to me!!!! Am I really a bad person, do I deserve this ill treatment

Im not suprised TBH that's a cruel way to end a relationship almost as bad as lying about something,if i were you id let the dust settle then phone him or send him an e-mail saying what you done was extremly bad and how sorry you are and hope he takes you back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

you deserve it bigtime. I was dumped by text only having been together two weeks and it was one of the most horrible things ever.
    You're not gonna get him back, not soon if ever, give him time maybe things will work out a bit but I doubt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

bubby wrote:
    Anyone want to say the same thing in German now?? Come on ..

I would say the OP is long gone at this stage ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

bubby wrote:
    Anyone want to say the same thing in German now?? Come on ..

I'm a bit rusty but...

Das war ein sheisse sache zu tun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Wat the Op did was below the belt alright, happen to me before Knew it was comin though.
    But at the end of the day i would rather be told over txt than suddenly be ignored, and not know if anything has happened to them or not. Then end up having to find out the hard way, ie. see her wit some 1 else (personal experience) now that is A LOW BLOW.

I would really be suprised if he talks to ya again let alone takes ya back. Give it time try to reistablish a friendship 1st then see how things go. but dont count on it.
    From experience id say your just missing being in a realtionship more so than HIM.

point taken.Im a foolish stubborn person.I rang his step brother yestrday by accident in my pocket so my ex rang me later on that evening telling me to stay away from him and his family.he said he loved me still but cant bare to even talk to me or see me.but from what u all say its well desrved

• Advertisement

he in theory is absolutely indoubtably 100% correct get over it your loss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

True story......when living away from home was dating a girl for about a month. Wasn't that interested in her to be honest and mentioned to my housemate that I was gonna break up with her.

Made the mistake of leavin my phone in the sitting room when I was in my room tidying it up. When I came back there was a missed call and a voicemail. Checked the voicemail and it was the chick in tears saying 'I never realised you were such a w@nker, what a sh'tty text to send, good riddance'.....

Now you can imagine i was pretty confused as I hadn't even spoken to her bout it yet. When I was checking the voicemail my housemate was in stitches, still couldn't figure it out. Check my sent text messages and my housemate had texted her 'Welcome to dumpsville population you'!!!

I was mortified, didn't speak to yer man for a week and called up to the girls house (via the parents!!) to say sorry and explain the situation, eventually she believed and we parted on what I could suppose you could say were amicable terms. Dunno what you expected posting your situation on here, dumping a guy you 'loved' after 3 years by text. One word springs to mind...cowardly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Chrissie

Ok,
    I've already posted on this thread & like all you you I've said Vbad thing to do, deserve the treatment etc etc etc etc.
    TBH I think some of the posts are a bit OTT, yes it was a horrible thing to do, but hardly to the extent that some of you make out.
    How many times are we going to post the same thing over & over & over, just repeating exactly as was said before.
    I think she's got the message (about 40 posts ago!!)
    We all make mistakes, the important thing is to learn from them & I think (hope) after the reaction here, breaking up by text is something the OP won't do again.

Did you ever notice how much we love posting on threads that allow us to look down on someone & tell them how bad they are.

We've been there, we've done that, she's got the message, can we move on now.

OP: live & learn, to your ex: I hope he gets what he wants, if that's you then so be it, if it's not, let him go, you owe him that.

(Sorry if I've offended anyone with this post, it's not that I disagree, it's just I think enough said already!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

She's a bad bad person.
    He'd be mad to acknowledge her existence...

...unless she saved his dog from a burning building.

You see Chrissie, this behaviour needs to be utterly stamped out, so the flow of negative posts needs to continue, otherwise a rot would develop in society, destroying the fabric of what we call civilisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

tbh, i'd still like to know why she broke up with him, and why she wants to get back with him.

as someone already pointed out, its the idea of being in love, and its the relationship that she misses, and i agree. regardless of how the bloke was dumped, she dumped him for a reason. now, i cant really see that reason changing in 3 or 4 weeks of non communication.
    id rather see where the OP is at, and acknowledge the wheres and whys of the situation, rather than just post up the same crap as the last 50 posts.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

xzanti wrote:
    Bitch! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

banned for personal abuse
    B

• Advertisement

my reasons are i thought honestly thought i was missing out on single life and that i was just stringing my bfriend along.thought i only cared fro him as a friend.i see now i was wrong and i made a big mistake.i just pray he forgives me.he is got to dig deep to find it in his heart to forgive and forget.i think it is too late.his brother wasnt pleased when my phone rang his answering machine.i still love him it was all just a mistake.i think there is nothing anyone can say really now its my loss.feel so low

Why isnt my responses appearing??

Why isnt my responses appearing??

because your comment sits in the unregged queue until a moderator validates them,
    which I just have...

do you think i should contact his Mum?we got on really well.I could explain all to her or should i respect his wishes.stupid mobile phones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Ashamed now,

Move on. The relationship has ended by your hand and their is nothing you can do about that. He has made up his mind about you now and there will be no changing that. As much as anyone can say sorry for the past, it still happened. It isn't so easy to forget.

I love the phrase "What's for you won't go past you". You're 24, be single and enjoy yourself. It hurts like hell now but it'll get easier.

Leave well alone and get on with your life.
    A.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Ashamed Now, you just have to wait and do nothing

It's up to him now. He knows you want him back. Give him time to weigh up his options...

I would suggest you pray for 1 month. Day and night. And perhaps afternoons just before lunch.

I would not bother him at all during this time.

In one months time if you haven't heard from him, I'd ask him out for a mug of tea.

Have an honest (non emotional) conversation with him having had a month to pray and seek solace in our Lord.

See what the chap has to say and if he wishes to take you back...

You still haven't answered my question though of how many blokes you copped off with during your mini-break? Are you sure you got your fill in? How do you think he'll feel when you tell him this?

I think this is going to be the big issue for him - you dumped him to play the field. When asking him to forgive you and take you back, you're as good as saying "I was bored with you, wanted to taste the single life and try different boys, I realised I liked you more than them, so want you back"...
    This is the truth, is it?
    How hurt would you be if the roles were reversed?
    What would he need to do to get you back had this scenario happened?

my reasons are i thought honestly thought i was missing out on single life and that i was just stringing my bfriend along.thought i only cared fro him as a friend.i see now i was wrong and i made a big mistake.i just pray he forgives me.he is got to dig deep to find it in his heart to forgive and forget.i think it is too late.his brother wasnt pleased when my phone rang his answering machine.i still love him it was all just a mistake.i think there is nothing anyone can say really now its my loss.feel so low

you thought you wanted to be single.
    inother words, you were not happy in your current relationship and you wanted to see if there was something better out there.

but now, you find that you actually liked going out with him.

to be honest, youve treated your ex pretty badly. i actually dont believe you loved him, but rather you got used to having him about.
    but thats my own opinion.

if you really want him back, then you should contact him directly. he has asked you not to contact his fanily. i dont know what sort of reaction you would get if you did that, but right now, youre 'the cow from hell' as far as his family is concerned, so i think you should just deal with him.

or even better, i think you should realise youve made an amazing cock up of your relationship, and that at this stage, you will not have what you used to have. he may get back with you, but he will not trust you, he will be resentful, and he will always have this in the back of his mind.

it would only be a matter of time before you split up again.

move on, and try and learn from this mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

Ashamed Now,

Personally if I knew your boyfriend I would shake his hand for not having the stupidity to take you back after what you did. You say HE has to dig deep to try and forgive you, well I'm sorry... wake up to reality and realise you made a massive and immature mistake. YOU totally ruined the relationship and have no one to blame other than yourself. I think the ex bf would have spoken to the family about what you did and how you broke up the relationship so even approaching his mother might not be a wise thing to do.

Get over it, you ruined it. Lifes a biatch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Why is it that the poster ignores all posts and questions and seems to focus on the selfish guilt that she gets.

I CAN'T *BELIEVE* you're 24.

Do NOT call his mother. That is crossing the line into stalkerville.

Riddle me this: Why did you break up with him? How many guys have you been with since? What was going on in your head that made you do it by text

Its happened to me too, only recently. Women(some women dont I HOPE!) go mad with attention and when the get too much of they cant take it and explode, love the drama,they think theyre on a set in Fair City(bad example, Home and Away is better)!

Ah he's so fine, but I have a boyfriend, what am I going to do, got to figure it out, oh no i dont wanna cheat on him,do I love him? ETC.

All a load of bull. Clean break or no break, but def not by text.

But regard to you Ashamednow do not contact the parents or brother again.

Some people

okay well thank you all for your input! Guess I hav ruined it :--<

okay well thank you all for your input! Guess I hav ruined it :--<

but i bet you are still there thinking you can get him back.... right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

Hey Ashamed now,

Judging by the fact that you realise that breaking up by text was a bad decision then I believe you are not a bad person. Maybe a good person that made a bad choice, unfortunately that choice is now in the past and there is nothing you can do about it.

All you can do is leave your ex alone and let him decide, perhaps even an apology, if it's supposed to be then it's supposed to be. Learn from your mistake and move on knowing you are a better person because of it.

And a lot of the people on here should not be so quick to judge. I know I have made decisions in the past that I am not overly proud of so I am not going to sit on a High horse and preach to anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭dramaqueen

To be honest with you I doubt that he will ever take you back. You took a very important relationship in his life and flushed it down the toilet in a cruel and nasty way.
    No offense, but if he was my brother or my friend I would be advising him to stay away from you.
    If I were you I would stop ringing him, stop ringing his family and his friends. Give him some time to cool off.
    What's important now is to let him know how sorry you are. Don't contact him but if he contacts you in the next two weeks, ask to meet him. Try to avoid doing anything by phone!
    If he doesn't contact you, I would write him a letter. In it you should acknowledge that what you did was cruel and tell him how very sorry you are. You should let him know that you know he will never forgive you or take you back but that it is important for him to know how sorry you are for hurting him.
    Do this, not to get him back, but because it might make him feel better about himself.
    I don't think you are a bad person, I just think that you made a silly mistake. You can never unmake it, so learn from it. Never play with someone elses emotions. Treat people with respect and the way you would like to be treated yourself.
    At the same time, accept that you did it and you can't undo it and move on. You can't spend your life atoning for your mistakes either.
    Remember, the grass is not always greener on the other side!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Finally a happy ending :) ...you got what you deserve, enjoy every minute of it :D

• Advertisement

Finally a happy ending :) ...you got what you deserve, enjoy every minute of it :D

Yes, yes yes yes yes. I hope he is happy out becas it happened to me also and its an absolute SH!TTY feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

My gf broke up with me by e-mail, not exactly the same way but it certainly left the same feeling.

I hope I never see her again, and undoubtedly, so does your ex.

Best thing to do is put yourself in his shoes. Would you honestly get back together with him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 dublinhottie

I just want to say that after 3years to break up with you bf by sms is horrible, it doesn't matter how long you have been with someone it is still an awful thing to do but after such a long relationship to get a text from your girlfriend to say that it is over - that is just low.

Your ex is well within his rights to just blank you I don't mean to sound like a bitch but you deserve everything you get I just hope one day no one does the same thing to you.

think this thread has gone as far as it's going to
    B

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement