Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interactive Map

Options
  • 07-10-2005 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just about to start creating an interactive map for a local website. It is a street level map of a town with a number of items that I want to choose from a drop-down list or otherwise that would highlight that item's position on the map. I was just about to start making this map in flash but I thought I would ask if anyone has a better way to make this or have come across interactive map making software or something.

Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

axer wrote:
    Hi,

I'm just about to start creating an interactive map for a local website. It is a street level map of a town with a number of items that I want to choose from a drop-down list or otherwise that would highlight that item's position on the map. I was just about to start making this map in flash but I thought I would ask if anyone has a better way to make this or have come across interactive map making software or something.

Thanks for any advice.

It depends on what you will have in the map .... but as a rule FLASH is the one to go with !! It is vector graphics as opposed to having to store the whole image, so if you are good at it, you can make a nice tidy fast loading one.

Here is one made with photoshop ..... "Allow it to load fully" being the obvious problem !!

Advertisement