Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pc controller

Options
  • 07-10-2005 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,349 ✭✭✭✭

lads whats the best controller for pc games such as GTA san andreas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Personally I prefer mouse + keyboard for GTA games... but my faverite controllers would be those from consoles (PS2/Xbox)... so I've got a Playstation -> USB converter (you can buy these in Peats for ~€20)... I've also soldered a USB cable into one of my Xbox controllers, and use that on the PC with the driver some guy made.
    I've had bad experiences with PC controllers, any of the ones I've used have been badly made console controller rip-offs anyway... might aswell use the real deal official controllers ;)
    So, eh... no I've no specific PC controller reccomendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,349 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Personally I prefer mouse + keyboard for GTA games... but my faverite controllers would be those from consoles (PS2/Xbox)... so I've got a Playstation -> USB converter (you can buy these in Peats for ~€20)... I've also soldered a USB cable into one of my Xbox controllers, and use that on the PC with the driver some guy made.
    I've had bad experiences with PC controllers, any of the ones I've used have been badly made console controller rip-offs anyway... might aswell use the real deal official controllers ;)
    So, eh... no I've no specific PC controller reccomendations.
    ya i got one of those usb converters

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=stts8&page=title&r=PC&title=114167
    its ok but i find theres not enough buttons on the ps2 controller

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

8 buttons +
    2 on analog == 10

what do you need more than 10 buttons for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Keyboard and mouse are okay but if you like the xbox just get a xbox-2-USB converter (about £5) and plug in your xbox controller and off you go. :D

Placebo wrote:
    8 buttons +
    2 on analog == 10

what do you need more than 10 buttons for?
    do you have gta san andreas for the pc

10 buttons arent really enough in my option

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Yeah San Andreas is a bit of a strech alright, but then the PS2 version does alright with a PS2 pad... go figure.
    The only way I use keyboard + mouse is because my mouse has 5 buttons.

never got the big gta san andreas map where can i download it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

R0ot wrote:
    Keyboard and mouse are okay

the porblem i found with keyboard and mouse for this game was that it made it too easy.
    with a mouse you can get a headshot almost everytime.
    so most badguys go down in 1 hit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

never got the big gta san andreas map where can i download it
    go back to the shop that you bought the game from and complain that your map is missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

If you intend to play GTA with a ps2 pad on pc you need SAAC its a program that maps all the buttons correctly cos rockstar fcuked up and were too lazy to fix it. You can only map one control to one button SAAC fixes it and replicates the ps2 controls which the game is meant to be played with.

http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=SAAC+san+andreas&btnG=Search

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement