Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious issue with UTV and Eircom

• 07-10-2005 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Any advice on this would be very welcome...

We had been with UTV for a few years. As we were about to move house I rang UTV up and explained we were moving house and asked is there anything UTV need to do to our account when we move. I was told, and this is the important bit that UTV don't need to do anything if your keeping your number (which we were). When Eircom move your line your account will move as well so all will be fine.

Rang Eircom, moved line and house way back on August 19th.

To add some more info we pay UTV €9.99 per month for free calls every evening and weekend as well as free calls to the UK (can anyone guess where this is going?). We take advantage of the free calls and even 2 weeks ago, when I was in the UK on business my GF rang me every evening for about an hour....

Yesterday we recieved a bill from €ircom. For call charges. Rang up Eircom and was told our calls were charged with them since August 19th. Rang UTV and asked support "if we move house do we need UTV need to do anything". Yes sir I was told. I need to send an email blah blah blah as Eircom setup a new account when you move house.

So when we moved house UTV charges stayed on the old account number (for which we are STILL being charged). All calls have been charged by Eircom so were going to be fúcked up the ass for call charges for the past 2 months.

And I've just remembered. We also get 30 free hours internet access which can be used 24/7. I use this during the day and evenings. Can you imagine the Eircom bill? :mad:

What can I do?

(BTW my GF was a witness to the call I made to UTV back in July when I was told UTV don't need to do anything. I mean why would I even have the old account open with UTV and be paying them for an account thats not active).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

It's a pity that you didn't get that in writing from UTV. I *think* the blame is with UTV on this one. Telephony services are tied to your account number and not your phone number (I might be wrong about this). If I were you I would send a formal letter to UTV first (registered post) and if that doesn't sort it out, then send a letter to ComReg and anyother other Consumer rights groups you can think of.

It's very hard to get these things sorted out over the phone because you'll probably be subjected to the endless loop of "We'll transfer you to someone who is better equipped to deal with your problem".

Advertisement