Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discuss the movie "Serenity" here *spoilers*

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

FOX has given a seven-episode commitment to "Dollhouse," a new sci-fi drama to reunite Joss Whedon with his "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" co-star Eliza Dushku.

This will be the first TV project for Whedon since FOX all-too-swiftly cancelled his 2002 space western "Firefly," which spawned "Serenity," Whedon's most recent big screen effort.

According to the industry trade papers, "Dollhouse" will feature Dushku as Echo, part of a group of young people programmed with different personalities and skills for different assignments (the trades are a little fuzzy on what these "assignments" consist of or who's sending the people on said assignments). In between gigs, their minds are wiped clean and they return to live in a lab/dorm known as the Dollhouse. Things go a wee bit pear-shaped when Echo begins having actual memories and she tries to seek information about her past.

The show sprung from a casual lunch conversation between the writer-director-producer and his young star. Whedon has reportedly pitched the network on an arc for the first seven "Dollhouse" episodes, which could go into production as soon as the spring (strike pending), but the series wouldn't be expected to hit FOX's schedule until next fall.

Dushku signed a talent deal with 20th Century Fox back in August after starring in the studio's FOX dramedy pilot "Nurses" this past development season.

The studio was also home to Whedon's complete television output, including "Firefly," "Buffy" and "Angel." Dushku played occasionally rogue slayer Faith on the latter two shows.

The possibility of a Faith spinoff was bandied about after the end of the "Buffy" and "Angel" runs, but Dushku went off to do "Tru Calling" for FOX, while Whedon concentrated his attention on features.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

I think you just answered your own question :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

Could've sworn he said he wouldn't work with fox again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭Almarsáre

I don't remember Joss ever saying that and besides the people who cancelled Firefly no longer work at Fox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Almarsáre wrote: »
    besides the people who cancelled Firefly no longer work at Fox

I wonder why??;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

passive wrote: »
    Could've sworn he said he wouldn't work with fox again...

I thought he said that as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

User45701 wrote: »
    I thought he said that as well.

TBH same here

but i think that he agreed to work with them 'cause all the old people were gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Loved the series and loved the movie also.

I would love to see another series or movie

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭stannis

Never saw the series; bought the movie on a whim (it was cheap). Good enough, but the FX were dodgy and the "politics" of the series aren't as interesting as some make out. Wow, they're free spirits, great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

watch the series, i saw movie first then watched series... OMG

• Advertisement
Advertisement