Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advance Wars DS: Too easy?

Options
  • 07-10-2005 7:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else who's bought this game found it too easy in comparison with the GBA Advance Wars?. I know I'm a veteran of the game series but it seems really easy in comparison with the previous two in the series, what do you think?. Oh yeah, by the way, who's your favourite CO in the game (just out of interest?), mine would have to be Colin and his El Cheapo units!

Your favourite CO? 16 votes

Jake
    0% 0 votes
    Rachel
    25% 4 votes
    Max
    25% 4 votes
    Colin
    18% 3 votes
    Sasha
    12% 2 votes
    Sensei
    0% 0 votes
    Kanbei
    0% 0 votes
    Grimm
    18% 3 votes
    Hawke
    0% 0 votes
    Lash
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

colin is my favourite too. nothin like cheap units.

i thought it was easier but it starts to get a bit harder after the 10th mission. thre is 28 missions altogether it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Ive always liked Kanbei coz he kicks ass.
    I dont think its too easy, the first 10 missions u fly thru and then it gets pretty hard.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Just finished the 10th mission and have found it very easy so far, I'd imagine it gets harder though, Advance Wars 2 is still sitting in my GBA slot unfinished!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I found the first 15 missions to be a bit on the easy side actually... then the difficulty curve takes a sharp upturn.

I just did the Spiral Garden mission last night and it took 47 days to complete... in game days, not real life days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Well, this is my first Advance Wars game and I'm stuck on level 10 I think. Have failed it twice so far (though the second time I let the AI handle the second front).

Maybe compared to previous incarnations the game is too easy but I'm finding it a decent enough challenge so far.

• Advertisement

Arghh.... Mission 21 is really hard....

Very cool though... but bloody hard....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Wait until you get to mission 22!, you have to go like the clappers as there's a near unreasonable time limit of 18 days.. of course I did it though :cool:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Earthhorse wrote:
    Well, this is my first Advance Wars game and I'm stuck on level 10 I think. Have failed it twice so far (though the second time I let the AI handle the second front).

Maybe compared to previous incarnations the game is too easy but I'm finding it a decent enough challenge so far.

I lost that first time around too, I was still getting to grips with the second front control and sending troops up to it. The second time around I lost the second front but won the first, it took ages though because I was against 2 CO's once the second front fell.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Actually it was level 11. The one where you fight Sensei and the other fella to prove your worth. I finished it the other night, winning on both fronts.

Have taken a look at the next level and it seems to be a little more straightforward but challenging enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I just completed the main campaign. The difficulty does increase towards mission 21 but doesn't go overdrive like it did in Advance Wars 2. Now that I'm done and dusted witht the campaign, I had a peek in the Battle Maps shop and saw that there's a "Hard campaign" available for me to buy!, is this just a harder version of the main campaign or a completely new one?. Who knows?, I sure as hell don't!, it costs 1000 points and I've only got 670!

• Advertisement

I was messing around with the multiplayer functions the other night.. trying to do a wireless link up with another DS... but there are so many options...

But I stumbled upon this really awful and completely pointless real time battle mode.... it was just so naff...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

getting this game at weekend
    by the way you guys go on about it ,it sounds class
    im sold

i have reached mission 20 much to my own surprise. i never finished advance wars 2 either but played all the versus stuff to death.
    this game however ive managed to only briefly get stuck. most missions i managed to do in one try! im quite happy with myself :) . (maybe it is a little easier than before)

Mission 20?

Is that the one with the map full of blobs?

It looks a bit daunting, but it's actually pretty easy... I did it on my first go without losing a single unit.

no, its one or two after the blob one (i think). the blob one was ok once u stayed away from them. blob.

not sure what happens in 20 yet coz i only just started it and then put it down. ie, only got to it.

Are you talking about the first blob map? With the really bothersome fog of war?

There is another blob one later on that I think is mission 20 that has about 40 blobs on screen at once.

i was talking about the one with the 40 blobs. hmmmm. dunno what number mission im on. did the one with the 5 crystals after the big blob one it i think. i dont know, i did all this whilst half asleep last night.

oh.. right I remember that one now... that has all the enemy units with just 1 health to start off with.

You may be up to the point where I am... it's a really tough map were you have to capture all the missile silos... I've just tried it the once and I was utterly defeated... I'll have to give it another go later.

ah crap, i was doing so well up til now. ill do it though. i hope. (eep)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I got this game today and I've just finished the first Fog Of War mission (I found it so, so hard). Already Jake is my favourite, simply because of the ludicrous things he says, like telling Sasha to say, "Wassup Black Hole!" Hahahahahahahaha! Brilliant mental picture of that.

This is the first Advance Wars that I've played (I think a name change is in order). I knew the format of the game and I've played games of this format before. I'm really enjoying it so far. I've been looking for a DS game to play for a while now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

got it yesterday
    im on level 6 hard game
    but its great fun

oh wow, i finished the campaign. so proud of myself!!:eek:

Advertisement