Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cowboy Bebop: The Series - Laguna verdict

Options
  • 07-10-2005 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

I've just finished watching the series of Cowboy Bebop having seen the film a number of years ago. I felt it was a most excellent series with the right balance of dramatic poise and comic relief (Ed is definetely the most obscure and weird character I've come across in anime) and haven't seen a series prior to it that made me completely forget I was watching anime.

That soundtrack was excellent, well, it's to be expected with Yoko Kanno scoring it, but I never thought I would actually find myself tapping my foot along to... Jazz?

While I like endings that don't conform to the Hollywood sickly sweet standard, did anyone else find the ending of the series a bit downbeat and depressing?, don't get me wrong, I do understand it's probably the only way it could have ended and was executed well but, argh, it was sort of... sad.. you know? :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

the ending was a little harsh alright.
    i hated the finality of it all dawning on you... that there's not going to be any more bebop :(
    absolutely superb series. quite possibly my fave anime series yet (but then, i'm only a noob)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Vile

I loved the series....thought it was excellently made, and loved the OST. The ending was harsh...but wasn't as harsh as the ending of AIR (if anyone's seen that).

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

tman wrote:
    the ending was a little harsh alright.
    i hated the finality of it all dawning on you... that there's not going to be any more bebop :(
    absolutely superb series. quite possibly my fave anime series yet (but then, i'm only a noob)
    Spoiling Perfectly Interesting Kids Entertainment by Destroying Its Ending Surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Vile

CuLT wrote:
    Spoiling Perfectly Interesting Kids Entertainment by Destroying Its Ending Surprise.

Lol. Crazy acronyms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

CuLT wrote:
    Noooo.... i hate you

Your anime's are a different matter

Possibly one of my favourite series' for sure... it just had that something that you rarely see in anime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

Ah bebop great series, great music, great ending, no plot :P
    Yeah, i said it, I loved the ending, thought it perfectly suited the series and couldn't really have ended any better, but that's such an endlessly debated topic at this point anyway ;.;
    Now go watch Wolf's Rain and Samurai Champloo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

Vile wrote:
    I loved the series....thought it was excellently made, and loved the OST. The ending was harsh...but wasn't as harsh as the ending of AIR (if anyone's seen that).

Yeah Jeez Air, took me a whole day to get over that ending, I've got the cinema release they made, but I'm afraid to watch it incase it messes me up even more...LOL...excellent show ..go watch it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Malafus

Yeah Jeez Air, took me a whole day to get over that ending, I've got the cinema release they made, but I'm afraid to watch it incase it messes me up even more...LOL...excellent show ..go watch it

Damn straight. AIR, what an amazing piece of work.

Advertisement