Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

united player accused of rape

• 07-10-2005 11:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭

http://www.redissue.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=244756

i havent seen it up here yet. hard to find reports on it, but the indo had it plastered across their front page yesterday. ive heard so many stories about it but nothing concrete. one story i heard today that a second united player is involved.

it seems to be agreed that its an international player. many of these cases fall through in court, but i cant help but feel that there is some truth in many of the cases. in which case fergie wont take to kindly to it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

Do not post any names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

United in fulham last weekend.

I am waiting for the jokes about how it cant be ronaldo cos he can never score in the box...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Of all the recent high profile cases of alleged rape, ot one has been proven, yet the nothing is said of the girls and they seem to be ust let go. It seems to be "aah sure hard luck love, better luck next time". they should be charged for something, maybe it would put a stop to false claims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Don't care if it is a joke, do not post any names.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

I've seen the rumours around. I don't believe it, it's yet another couple of slags who sleep with footballers and then call the Sun's "Help I've been Raped By a Premiership Footballer Hotline" before going to the police.

It's all a load of Big Hairy Bollocks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Post no names please until there is a place to link from that says the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Wasn't the Van Persie case dropped too? When these cases are dropped in court the hussies who started it should be charged. The Star said today that they have the identities but couldn't reveal them for legal reasons, but 'considering the history of one player it's not surprising' or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

I seen the paper with the blacked out figure of the accused, it looked like (not to be named) to me. I doubt this case with see the light of day, calling the papers before the police...if it wasnt such a serious allegation with serious effects i would be laughing.
    I've seen the rumours around. I don't believe it, it's yet another couple of slags who sleep with footballers and then call the Sun's "Help I've been Raped By a Premiership Footballer Hotline" before going to the police.

It's all a load of Big Hairy Bollocks.

Hell yes. Guess well see lots of stories of how their lives have been ruined, while sitting on a golden beach in the bahamas with the money they got from papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

rumours and hear say, oh and put the daily mirrior into the equation,yet another cock and bull story to sell a few papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

This most likely is another bull**** cause from some bitch trying to get a massive amount of money .

Someday an innocent man could go to jail for this . (of course if a player is convicted its most probable that they did do it , but theres always that chance that they didn't)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Stekelly wrote:
    Of all the recent high profile cases of alleged rape, ot one has been proven, yet the nothing is said of the girls and they seem to be ust let go. It seems to be "aah sure hard luck love, better luck next time". they should be charged for something, maybe it would put a stop to false claims.

Spot on. Is there no consequences for making false claims? Its a truly despicable crime that could easily destroy many peoples lives just for the sake of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

yeah read about this, once i heard it was in london my instinct is sayin it will be not named and i really wouldnt be surprised.

It would explain not named poor performances alright but I'd be thinking more along the lines of not to be named.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

ffs lads you should know you cant name who you think it was for legal reasons. Every post here has been edited by t4tf.

Again noone knows if its real or a windup but you cna be dman sure News of the World will have an exclusive on it tomorrow.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Its only too obvious who has had bad performances and a bad history recently so i know who u mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I am waiting for the jokes about how it cant be ronaldo cos he can never score in the box...

I thought Ronaldo was gay? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭SteM

I thought the alleged rape only took place within the last week? If that's the case then how can anyone say they know who it is based on recent bad performances? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I thought Ronaldo was gay?

There's alot of confusion about this because apparently he won an award for being Portugal's top gay pin-up but has never come out and said he's not gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Corben Dallas

Some of the accused Prem Footballers accused of this should take civil cases against the defendant for failed rape claims that turn out to be nothing more than completly false/bogus Sun headline grabbing jollies.

If they continue they should start fining/locking up female footie groupies for this. Lets say £15K fine or 5 months in jail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

This was plastered all over the English Star and the footballer was blacked out but it was very obvious who the player was as you could tell from the shape of his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Some of the accused Prem Footballers accused of this should take civil cases against the defendant for failed rape claims that turn out to be nothing more than completly false/bogus Sun headline grabbing jollies.

i think the problem is that there generally is some truth in it. i.e. the footballers probably did give them a good rogering! look at stack last week, he has a fiancee, so he would surely just like this to go away. im sure managers wouldnt be too impressed about a player further dragging his name through the papers.

sorry about mentioning names above guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭The Rooster

This was plastered all over the English Star and the footballer was blacked out but it was very obvious who the player was as you could tell from the shape of his head.
    Look again. He's not English.

He's also not Hindu.

Anyway my sources tell me that the bird in question went to the papers first, then went to the police. And while the footballer was involved it seems he's not even under investigation as it was one of his mates that did the jiggy.

Advertisement