Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Busniess VoIP

Options
  • 07-10-2005 11:50pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anybody moved their entire office/Company to VoIP?

We have people based all over the world and make alot of international calls and its looking like an attractive option for me to move our coms setup to.

I was thinking an Asterisk server in the head office hooked up to a provider like blueface or who ever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mmclo

VOIP Ireland seem pretty good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Also try the hosting providers - some now offer hosted asterisk / voip options :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I'm looking for something similar. In response to a direct question I'm sure nobody would mind a Hosting365 plug on what you can offer in this area. I suppose I'm curious how this works in practice? Everyone in the office has a VoIP phone that hooks into a hosted soft-PBX? Apart from setup and maintenance effort, does this give me any tangible benefits over hosting the PBX myself? Do you provide the voice connectivity also or would I need a third party?

Well, we offer dedicated servers with customised asterisk based installations. This allows you to have voip phones, softphones and ata connected analog phones anywhere in the world all as part of the same pbx, with all the usual business features (ivr, voicemail, vmail to email, conf calls, etc, etc).

We also provide IAX termination and/or physical PRI connected to the dedicated server.

It's a solution that gives you a 24/7 supported, managed, SLA backed PBX without the hardware cost or config time or running costs / concerns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

What does IAX termination do for me? Does that provide me with voice connectivity? Do I need to organise the voice connectivity myself?

• Advertisement

IAX is the Asterisk format for voice termination, PRI is a traditional digital phone line for voice termination. We do inbound and outbound termination with GEO numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

The place where my dad works completed a entire change over to VoIP in the year or so all with cisco stuff and under contract with LANCommunications and some eircom VoIP product. It seems to be working quite well for them anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Also try the hosting providers - some now offer hosted asterisk / voip options :)

Ooh, you're pushing it there :)

Advertisement