Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Carlow Goes Public????

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Although most of the veterans of compsoc know about this magical place I will announce it to them again, we have alot of first years this year that don't know about boards... We will have alot of tosspots here but like any forum they just come and go.

See the problem with your offer paul, is that not all societies are nerds like us. I would say that very few would have a damn clue about forums. If you got all the society leaders and asked them what boards.ie was or even what a forum was, they wouldn't have a clue. :) You can only mail them and show them examples...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

It would be cool to get some more people on, let them know about some services in the college and stuff like that.

Well like I said, I would gladly help with the campaign. More work for ye mods to do, eh tom? :)

I will also mention it to my class, via email. I guess about 4% will have some sort of interest. Anyhow I think that this forum will pick up over the next few weeks. I'm guessing that members will mainly be composed from netsoc and composc <-EDIT HERE) members... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Well like I said, I would gladly help with the campaign. More work for ye mods to do, eh tom? :)
    compose members... :)

so ye did change the name of compsoc??!

Grr must you be highlight every little mistake I make, I will beat you with a trout, a wet fish that is... I suggest Jumper head be bannished from these forums for being off topic 99% of the time. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

See the problem with your offer paul, is that not all societies are nerds like us. I would say that very few would have a damn clue about forums. If you got all the society leaders and asked them what boards.ie was or even what a forum was, they wouldn't have a clue. :) You can only mail them and show them examples...

okay, i made a mistake... we wern't offering to host "forums" we were offering to host "anything"... like photo galleries, event reports.. anything.

Anyways, we have a few interested "nibbles" which we will be looking into soon... the most important of which will be the GAA presence in the college. and the SU ofc...

-edit-

also, i notice you called yourself a nerd..... i think we need to start a thread to clearly define this word! dunno if i'd like to be lumped into the same category as yourself after all ;)

Damn right, i'm in a league of my own... (No smart arse comments, you hear paul???)

And I didn't say I was a nerd, I mentioned that we were nerds... i.e. netsoc... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭s4dd

"we" netsoc?! eh... right so... also, i shaved off most of my beard and my hair tonight... that's what insomnia and boredom do to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

i will make a few posters tonight, depending on how long it takes me i'll mail them to the admins and post thumbnails here too ok?

two posters done where do i send em?

• Advertisement

hey i just got two stars

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

thumb13co.jpg

thumb27oo.jpg

i'll mail the full sizes images to the mod or whatever

Good, but for people who don't know much about forums they won't be able to find it. Could you add the whole link or directions to the carlowIT forums on the posters?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

NICELY ask an admin person could they do a shortcut such as

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/carlow

which would point to:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=318

Just to make it easier on the peeps to remember the address. Me thinks another forum had something similair, but I'm too drunk/tired/lazy to find it.

i think that our mods would need to sort that out, don't forget these two are just thumbs the final ones are a little bit more refind

thumb35wn.jpg

another thumnail, this one explains how to get onto the carlow board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Could you send them to me after your finished designing em? I could put em up in the GSA if ya can.thx

i sent you an IM, IM me with your e-mail k?

Can you send me them in an e-mail, I want to pass them by the boards admin first as it uses their artwork.

I'll also ask about the link once they aprove the posters.

you'll need to send me an im w/your e-mail address tom, its worth clearing it with boards but i seriously doubt any recourse

• Advertisement

lads any news on this topic?

Well we were kinda waiting on you for some... :)

Tom? What's the craic???

i sent a pm to the admins just before the site went down for an upgrade so i'm going to send them a reminder again now.

Sorry about the delay. Was on my holliers.

no problem i've pretty much got them made just short of getting the go ahead

Advertisement