Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Female Vocalists

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

The only female artists that i listen to on a regular basis are Fiona Apple and Sinead O'Conner, so i would have to say them. Im suprised nobody has mentioned Fiona Apple yet, she is very very good you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭- bo -

amy lee of evanescence

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Uzername

I think her name is pronounced Feist, she was a guest with the Norweigen duo Kings of Convieience, she's a brilliant voice

Maybe put Feist in Google or whatever, but my opinion she's really good! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭tinka

Uzername wrote:
    I think her name is pronounced Feist, she was a guest with the Norweigen duo Kings of Convieience, she's a brilliant voice

Maybe put Feist in Google or whatever, but my opinion she's really good! :)

i mentioned leslie feist a couple of pages back. not many people i know have ever heard of her or kings of convenience. i love them! feist has a wonderful voice, have you heard her album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Jewel Kilscher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Roisin Murphy of Moloko.
    Janis Joplin
    Shania Twain
    Beverly Knight

• Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Karlusss wrote:
    Jenny from Rilo Kiley
    Glad to see someone else in the same boat!

A sublime voice.. and her backing vocals on The Postal Service's 'Give Up' are just phenomenal!

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭deedee lepoopoo

Grace Slick
    Stevie Nicks
    Aretha Franklin
    Ella Fitzgerald xxxx
    Billie Holiday
    Nina Persson
    Dusty Springfield
    Sinead O'Connor
    Julie London

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

Janis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Gonna have to say Mariah Carey. I generally don't like that type o' music at all, but her voice is damn incredible when she's singin' a good song. Pity she wastes her talent on mostly ****e songs, like her recent ones.
    Unbeateatable vocal range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

I'm going to have to cast my vote for Christina Aguilera. I took my brother to see her in late 2003, not expecting much more than sexy dance routines, but I was absolutely blown away by how good she was. I've never before or since heard a voice like it.

Her newer songs are better than her earlier sh*te, so she's not making the mistakes that Mariah did. As far as her range goes, while I don't know if she can sing as low as Mariah, she can certainly sing as high as her (the so-called whistle register). As long as she loses the whole show-off bit - you know, every note a "whooouuuwooaaahhhoohhaaaa" - she'll be the best singer of her generation. I certainly won't miss her when she returns.

Bjork is amazing too - she improvises to a huge extent when singing live, but the voice just obeys every command the brain sends it, without a hint of strain. Few singers are that good.

BTW, surprised to see that no-one appears to have mentioned Beyoncé Knowles so far...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

StJimmy wrote:
    Brody Dalle of The Distillers for me.

i was afraid to say it but yes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Far from the technically being the best I'm sure, but I'm quite partial to some Nina Nastasia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 smurfster

What About Christina Aguilera i think she has an amazing voice along with beyonce

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Superdub2

Kelly Clarkson and Christina are two of the best female vocalists around at the moment. IMO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

K.T. Tunstall
    Alison Kraus
    Sinead O'Conner

Many, many more.....:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Mailman

Eddi Reader

Advertisement