Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Med 2 Tax Relief

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭madramor

Longfield wrote:
    Looking on the Oasis website I see that Dental Implants are allowable for relief, does anyone know if this is the total cost of the surgery minus the first €125 ?

(cost - excess) X tax rate(42||20)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Just in case your looking at that post funny.

Cost - 125 = relief at the standard rate of tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭ck1

Cost - 125 = relief at the standard rate of tax?[/QUOTE]

Was not sure if this was a question but anyway just thought that I would reply particularly as I am doing some Income Tax Returns presently. Tax relief is granted at the highest rate payable by the individual during the year of claim. Effectively, the cost less the exemption (€125 or €250) is topsliced from P60 earnings (& any other earnings case earnings) to show the actual gross pay for tax purposes.

Of course you could actually be in a situation that you get 42% relief on some of the expenses and 20% the remainder, depending on the cost of the bill and your actual gross salary.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,389 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Thanks for the replies guys, I get it now!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement