Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Live Onstage Quotes...

• 08-10-2005 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭

Saw this on MetalIreland.com so I thought I'd post it up here..

What's the best onstage quotes by a band you've ever heard - funny/stimulating/stupid/anything!!!

Mine would have to be Phil Anselmo's speech on 101 Proof about the "stupid ****in' experts".. Never fails to get the tingles down my spine...!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Dave Mustaine

"There are two ways you can hear this next song, theres our way and theres their way. For those of you that think this is their song, this song is call, the MECHANIX"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

"Live 8 is the most important event ever in recorded history"

Chris Martin, what a spanner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

Josh Homme at Oxegen:
    'Do everything I say...'
    then kicks into feel good hit of the summer. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Ernesto

any of bono's. man's a fukin ass-clown

Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous

when phil says to the crowd "is there any girls out there with any irish in them???, is there any girls out there whod like a bit a irish in them???"
    or something like that

legendary :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

when phil says to the crowd "is there any girls out there with any irish in them???, is there any girls out there whod like a bit a irish in them???"
    or something like that

That's a classic alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Bono, said half way through Sunday Bloody Sunday at some gig in the US. Less a quote, more a sermon from St. Bono, but it gets me every time.

"And let me tell you something. I've had enough of Irish-Americans, who havn't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years, come up to me, and talk about the resistance, the revolution back home. And the glory of the revolution, and the glory of dieing for the revolution. **** THE REVOLUTION. They don't talk about the glory of killing for the revolution. Whats the glory in taking a man from his bed and gunning him down in front of his wife and children. Wheres the glory in that? Where's the glory in bombing a rememberance day parade of old age pensioners, their medals taken out and polished up for the day. Wheres the glory in that? To leave them dieing, or crippled for life, under the rubble from a revolution that the majority of the people in my country don't want.

NO MORE
    NO MORE
    NO MORE

Wipe your tears away...."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

or something like that

Think it's "Is there anyone here with any Irish in them" "Would any of the girls like a little more Irish in them" Something like that, heh, I dunno. But you're right, it's a good quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thejovialhost

Gary Lighthouse of Snow Patrol last december in the RDS:
    ''Kylie Minogue has a song called chocolate too. She's never heard of Snow Patrol. Fúcking Bitch.''
    LOL :D, such cheers when he said that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica:
    "This next one's Kingdom Sized Hardon... Kingdom for a Heart!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Best one I've witnessed: Bruce Dickinson on stage with Funeral for a Friend in Belfast, shortly after Ozzy Osboure broke his ribs in that quad bike accident - goes "Some of you might be older than me, which makes you old enough to remember this one" and then turns to the singer of Funeral for a Friend and shouts "Oi! Sharon! Where's me quad bike?" before launching into a cover of Black Sabbath.

Rob Flynn's "The PA don't drink" speech was quite good too though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭redmosquito

"Hey listen a$$hole, one more f***er throws a f***ing quarter out here and were out of here im tellin ya, f***er. What the f**k, you're blowin' it for f***ing everybody. Hit me with a f***ing quarter again and f**k it, i'm outta here, were all outta here, f**k you and if anyone see's someone throw f***ing change right next to 'em you have my permission to personally beat the f***ing holy s**t out of 'em, thank you very much, f***ing idiot. Ah, that felt good, thank you!!!"

-Eddie Vedder before State of Love and Trust (Mansfield, September '98) after someone in the crowd threw money at him.!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

was watching the foo fighters when i was in belgium and during breakout the band stops to let the fans sing "You know you make me breakout" but all the fans were just really really quiet and Grohl start laughing and said "Sh!t, do you guys even know that song" i laughed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

Ian Dury and The Blockheads gig in the Olympic Ballroom in Dublin about 1981, their publicist and MC Kosmo Vinyl comes onstage to introduce the band to an expectant packed house and roars into the mic, "Good Evening Belfast!" Nearly right....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭$lash

Some of Axl Rose's rants are the stuff of legends....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Dar wrote:
    Bono, said half way through Sunday Bloody Sunday at some gig in the US. Less a quote, more a sermon from St. Bono, but it gets me every time.

"And let me tell you something. I've had enough of Irish-Americans, who havn't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years, come up to me, and talk about the resistance, the revolution back home. And the glory of the revolution, and the glory of dieing for the revolution. **** THE REVOLUTION. They don't talk about the glory of killing for the revolution. Whats the glory in taking a man from his bed and gunning him down in front of his wife and children. Wheres the glory in that? Where's the glory in bombing a rememberance day parade of old age pensioners, their medals taken out and polished up for the day. Wheres the glory in that? To leave them dieing, or crippled for life, under the rubble from a revolution that the majority of the people in my country don't want.

NO MORE
    NO MORE
    NO MORE

Wipe your tears away...."
    That's a savage live version... I used to have it... Do you have the details of the file like when it was recorded? I've been searching the usual peer to peers and can't find anything that I think may be it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Julian from the Strokes:

*mumble* *mumble* *mumble* *mumble* *mumble* *mumble* *mumble* ...Last Nite!

Ian Brown:

"Who threw that pint at me?"
    (spots the culprit)
    "Right everyone spread out"
    (swings microphone and hits the guy)

Lou from Sick of it All:
    "I want to see the biggest circle pit this place has ever seen"
    - cue the biggest circle pit that place had ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Vile

The funniest quote I've seen was by some support band I can't remember the name of (they weren't great). I think it was at Anthrax in the Ambassador.

"Alright....everyone split into two sides, with a space down the middle, and turn to face one another. Now...when the song starts I want you to......"

*Wild waving of arms from the security people*

"...well...I can't tell you what to do....but I'm sure you have an idea."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

"Unfortunately the PA doesn't like to drink..." - Rob Flynn (Machine Head)

After some overly-enthusiastic fans at the front row chucked a couple of pints over the monitors in appreciation of the performance (needless to say, the monitors exploded). It doesn't sound particularly funny now, but the timing and his facial expression were just perfect. One you'd have to witness yourself I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Shat, ater their less than 30 second musical masterpiece "Tight Virgin Cherry *Pop*", "Oh, you like that, will we play it again?".

After playing it again and not getting much response: "Yeah, t'was better the first time. This next song is called I threw Up on Her Cnut (or something similar!)"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    Shat, ater their less than 30 second musical masterpiece "Tight Virgin Cherry *Pop*", "Oh, you like that, will we play it again?".

After playing it again and not getting much response: "Yeah, t'was better the first time. This next song is called I threw Up on Her Cnut (or something similar!)"

Legend band. Best part was when he made the popping noise with his finger in his mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

Thin Lizzy-Phil Lynnot:
    "Is there anybody out there with any irish in them?...*big cheer From Crowd*...is ther any ladys out there who'd like a little more irish in them?"

Johnny Borell- Razorlight at Live8
    "All we need is love...John Lennon said that. Music can change the world....Bono said that. Sign The fu**ing Petition...I said that!!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Marco Hietala of Nightwish

"This song is dedicated to a Mr. George Bush" and breaks into WASP's "Wild Child"

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Dar

Lodgepole wrote:
    That's a savage live version... I used to have it... Do you have the details of the file like when it was recorded? I've been searching the usual peer to peers and can't find anything that I think may be it...

I've no idea unfortunatly :(.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

Einst&#252 wrote: »

haha genius...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

Lodgepole wrote:
    It's from the Rattle and Hum movie, should be on the CD too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Rob Flynn's "The PA don't drink" speech was quite good too though...
    "Unfortunately the PA doesn't like to drink..." - Rob Flynn (Machine Head)

After some overly-enthusiastic fans at the front row chucked a couple of pints over the monitors in appreciation of the performance (needless to say, the monitors exploded). It doesn't sound particularly funny now, but the timing and his facial expression were just perfect. One you'd have to witness yourself I suppose.

It was legendary - they didn't expolde, they just made lots of fizzling noises - yes the beer in QUBSU is *that* bad!

Legendary gig though - they just kept going!

Bit at the end was great too - "Whats the biggest circle you can make in this hall?" cue people sqeezing into the walls and a 8m hole in the centre of the hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Steoob

It was legendary - they didn't expolde, they just made lots of fizzling noises - yes the beer in QUBSU is *that* bad!

Legendary gig though - they just kept going!

Bit at the end was great too - "Whats the biggest circle you can make in this hall?" cue people sqeezing into the walls and a 8m hole in the centre of the hall.
    what gig was this??? it intrigues me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

or something like that

Thats a good quote to a good song alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bounty_hunter

Steoob wrote:
    what gig was this??? it intrigues me...
    It was June '04 in the Mandella Hall, Belfast (Queen's Student Union).

Advertisement