Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Good electric razor?

• 08-10-2005 10:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Can anyone reccomend one ? I'm not the quickest at shaving and reckon if I get one I could spent 30 minutes more in bed in the mornings before work :D

I'm living in the UK so take that into account :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Not sure, I've always found a Mach 3 to be far more effective than an electric razor at removing the tough facial hair like in the groove of the neck and for getting a close shave.

And it takes you 30 mins to shave :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

The best razor i have ever used was , the mach 3 turbo , i shave 3 times a week with it , otherwise i would have to shave 5-6 times a week to stay clean shaven.try it out.Another quick fix is a hot towel shave from a barbers means you wont need to shave 3 days after it , Fan-bloody-tastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

In the morning to do a proper close shave it takes me 30 minutes in total I think... never really timed it. I use the mach 3 as well... basically I'm just not able for shaving in the morning

I.E yesterday morning I picked up a flat mates tooth brush and toothpaste to shave, realising my mistake I then picked up my toothbrush instead and put tooth paste on my face. Eventuaally i figured it out. This was at 7 in the morning... not a morning person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

30 mins to shave?! Toothpaste on face? WTF? I have a bed->desk time in the morning of about 55 mins, meaning that within an hour of my alarm clock going off, I'm working. And I usually manage to fit a good brekkie, shower, shaving, and a 15 mins walk into that!

And to be honest - depends how quickly your hair grows - with any electric I use I'd need to shave twice a day, with a mach 3 or similar, you're clean for a day, and passable for another.

Anyway - my dad swears by his €100 braun electric....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Would you folks reckon the foil type or the round headed type are better? looking into getting a decent electric razor myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Ooh, that would make a nice Christmas present for someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

skywalker wrote:
    Would you folks reckon the foil type or the round headed type are better? looking into getting a decent electric razor myself.

I am going back to the round headed.

I am tired of paying rushing in the morning with Gilette razors and trying to keep a stock of them in the bathroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

WS Quatro is great.

Advertisement