Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emirates Stadium

• 08-10-2005 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Soccer am just showed an uypdate on the stadium, looks fantastic.
    Wenger got 4 million to be a consultant on it or somfin like it, fans fairly close to the pitch and all the stands equal in height and vantage point.

Think i have to head over next year to check it out :)

kdjac

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

emirates09092005_06x.jpg

It's gonna be fcking great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Shame its still gonna be impossible to get a Season Ticket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

you could buy one of those appartments beside it if they are still for sale. it is a very impressive structure and so close to highbury too. literally around the corner :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Lend me a few quid Mossy ;)

actually looked at that as a tax scheme, but dont have the available readies....unless I cancel my sky subs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

Its going to be the most modern stadium around....and I'll be lucky enough to have a share in a season ticket for next season :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

How much would a season ticket cost.
    Now Im not talking about a gold member, just a seat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

About a grand for a season ticket

Its coming along nicely alright. It will be sad when they leave Highbury but what can you do. Football is about money and at least they are keeping with tradition and not selling their souls to a Russian billionaire.

When they move in they say their income will double! They are also going to make a mint out of those apartments and the other property deal they have negotiaited. Something like 100m.

At least their future is secure. As already stated this is a transitional year for Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Surely the new Wembley will be better? :confused:

Maybe but its nowhere near highbury the traditional area for Arsenal.
    Ashburton Grove is a stones throw away.

http://www.arsenal.com/images/emiratesstadium/emirates09062005_1x.jpg

Also Wembley would have cost Arsenal 800million or something.
    Better to have your own stadium too as an assit

No I just meant 'isn't Wembley meant to be the bees knees when it comes to great new stadia so why get so excited about AshburtonGrove - impressive as it is?' I wasn't at all suggesting that Arsenal should play at the new wembley

BTW been trying to find out will Arsenal be keeping two of highburys stands intact instead of demolishing them as they are listed buildings apparently. I think it is the East and West stands (or whichever the ones that aren't behind the goals are called).

Any info on this?

• Advertisement

They are going to turn the into apartments and sell them of at a mint profit.

Info here

http://www.thestadium-highbury.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

Yeah there's some info here...

Interesting that, thankfully, the name Ashburton Grove has been adopted into the everyday language of Arsenal fans, it's really only the club itself that's pushing the Emirates Stadium brand

Ha! That's so cool. That has to be one of the best architectural ideas I've ever seen. Thanks for that link.

moshpit77 wrote:
    Yeah there's some info here...

Interesting that, thankfully, the name Ashburton Grove has been adopted into the everyday language of Arsenal fans, it's really only the club itself that's pushing the Emirates Stadium brand

Yea I always call it Ashburton Grove, as do most other fans. Its the original name so why mess with it. Not a bad name too, brings back memories of biker, biker...biker grove!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Indeed, those apartments look fantastic. Time to start saving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

kaids wrote:
    Indeed, those apartments look fantastic.

they sure do but what of the ones beside Highbury now. looks like a ghetto tbh

Advertisement