Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mahon Point management

Options
  • 08-10-2005 11:57am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got a name/number for someone in Mahon Point management?

adam

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Dare i say it?

www.mahonpointsucks.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

This any good? (probably not)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I just want to ask if they have any plans to get rid of those stupid plastic speedbumps. They jolt the bejaysus out of me bus.

EDIT: That'll do, thanks LilMsMelodrama. Thought they'd be at mahonpoint.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭boardy

I was there yesterday and I actually said it to myself that they were a bit too much after driving over one of them. That and the fact my false teeth fell out onto my lap would necessitate a call to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

Ken Shabby wrote:
    I just want to ask if they have any plans to get rid of those stupid plastic speedbumps. They jolt the bejaysus out of me bus.

EDIT: That'll do, thanks dizzyblabla. Thought they'd be at mahonpoint.ie.

ehh.. I didn't say anything!?? but you're welcome anyway!

• Advertisement

ehh.. I didn't say anything!?? but you're welcome anyway!
    Oops, sorry, it was LilMsMelodrama. Same avatar.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Strangely enough I can see the point of the one on the hill up to Tesco - slows people down before what is a bit of a blind junction. The one at the bottom beside the roundabout is a bit silly - you'll have slowed down coming off anyway - they don't have it in the other direction probably based on the fact you'll be slowing down for the roundabout.

But I agree they are damned hard. We had similar ones at work and after two years of complaints they were removed to much acclaim and approval.

Surprisingly the place was quite busy after 6 tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Ken Shabby wrote:
    They jolt the bejaysus out of me bus.
    If you mean an actual bus, as opposed to your over-sized personal convenience, it is recommended that ramps on bus routes be a minimum 10m long (measured along the length of the road). Ask them for their insurance details. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

parsi wrote:
    The one at the bottom beside the roundabout is a bit silly - you'll have slowed down coming off anyway - they don't have it in the other direction probably based on the fact you'll be slowing down for the roundabout.
    I always assumed the one off the roundabout (if we're talking about the same one) was to stop people belting across the pedestrian crossing without looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

The pedestrian crossing by the roundabout at the foot of the hill to Tesco is a disaster...if you're coming down from Tesco, you're so busy watching for traffic from the right you almost forget the crossing...plus the fact that the path leading to it is pretty blind, so you're on it before you see the crowd coming down from the bus...........

As for the humps....caught one a bit fast yesterday & two of my kids dropped their milkshakes :mad: ...anyone know how to get milkshake out of a car seat ???

• Advertisement

corblimey wrote:
    I always assumed the one off the roundabout (if we're talking about the same one) was to stop people belting across the pedestrian crossing without looking.
    It probably is, however people regularly drive /around/ it because it's so problematic, which I reckon evens things up. As the poster above suggests, that whole pedestrian crossing is an act of idiocy, and it seems to me that the plastic bump was put there because even they didn't realise just how stupid it is until after the place was built. Seriously bad design.

Same goes for the bump around by the entrance by the upper lot, but more so -- there's even less reason for that to be one of those nasty plastic ones than over by the pedestrian crossing.

washing soda crystals solution is supposed to be good for getting rid of milk-based products. Strangely enough despite being on no 3 kid we never had a problem with them spilling milk - they must have held on to the stuff for dear life...

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Andip wrote:
    As for the humps....caught one a bit fast yesterday & two of my kids dropped their milkshakes :mad: ...anyone know how to get milkshake out of a car seat ???
    Child labour. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,161 ✭✭✭beer enigma

parsi wrote:
    washing soda crystals solution is supposed to be good for getting rid of milk-based products. Strangely enough despite being on no 3 kid we never had a problem with them spilling milk - they must have held on to the stuff for dear life...
    They obviously didnt experience the Mountains of Mahon Point.....

Jeez, both of em in tandem...sploosh - to make matters worse, they both burst into tears as their shakes had gone.......

I'll try the soda crystals thanks....

It must have been funny though ;-) Of course I don't let them have shakes - Ribena is yer man there - nice sealed top.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭bungeecork

If you drive over them slowly they wont jolt as much. ;)

Advertisement