Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ex nvidia. Now Radeon X850XT PE user. Help!

Options
  • 08-10-2005 2:26pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hello,

I am an ex nvidia card user. I knew them well. Like I could update the drivers and understood what people were on about when mentioning upgrading and down grading, why they were doing it... and I had no fear of the process. Well after a few goes :)

But I don't have a clue about Radeon type cards. But I'd like to think that I am always getting the best out of my cards via drivers and other tools. So I was wondering if some kind soul(s) could give me the basics on upgrading Radeon drivers/getting the best out of my card. What ones to uses (BF2 wise). How to install them. What are these omega I hear about?

My Card is Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition (Dell/ATI) 0x5D4D
    256MB
    400MHZ
    Bios 113-A47403-103
    Drivers 6.14.10.6490

Just the general "Help a Radeon noob out thing" I <3 links to downloads, for simplicity :)

Much Appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm surprised you didn't just go to ATi's page...
    So - Go to their homepage, and click on the "Drivers & Software" tab.
    Choose your Operating System (eg Windows XP)->Radeon->Catalyst (whichever is the newest; 5.9@time-of-writing).

As for performance-increasing, I've heard of only ATi Clock & Radclock.
    Going to try to increase my own *new* 9600 Pro now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 146 ✭✭1

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    I'm surprised you didn't just go to ATi's page...
    So - Go to their homepage, and click on the "Drivers & Software" tab.
    Choose your Operating System (eg Windows XP)->Radeon->Catalyst (whichever is the newest; 5.9@time-of-writing).

As for performance-increasing, I've heard of only ATi Clock & Radclock.
    Going to try to increase my own *new* 9600 Pro now :D

I did :) After I made my post. I'm not lazy! But to be frank the last time I looked/read there some three months ago it didn't look as simplified. Maybe they realised that :D

So I upgraded. Simple enough to be honest. My posting here was more for the "experts" views. Like these "omega" things I hear about. BUt all seems well anyways.

Best of luck mesing with your new card.

Which I just did... with *terrible consequences!!* :eek:

Gonna make a new thread for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Terran

The best thing I can think to do with a Radeon is throw it out and buy a shiny new GeForce card.

Yes, I'm going to throw out my *new* card for another card, less than a month after purchase!
    How much money do you think I have when I only bother with a 9600 Pro? :rolleyes: As well as that, GeForce FX cards < Radeon 9x00 Pro series.

• Advertisement
Advertisement