Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serenity

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭munky

azezil wrote:
    Now now kids play nice or I'll rip your heads off ^_^

spoiler tags added
    *cough*appoligies I was unaware of such tags...*wanders off to hid in the corner*

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Anyone else order Firefly from CDWOW and STILL not get it??

The dispatch has been delayed twice and their apologies are starting to piss me off. And TV is soooo bad at the moment I'm going mad. :mad:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

My order of Firefly from play.com took about 10 days to deliver <this was pre-Postal strikes :) >.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Manach wrote:
    My order of Firefly from play.com took about 10 days to deliver <this was pre-Postal strikes :) >.

ditto. altho we did pay an extra 20 euro on cdwow's prices for the priveledge

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Fence

Excuse me what are you talking about.
    errrm, the innoculation discussion between Mal & Simon, the reason for his being injected.

I haven't seen it mentioned on other sites, but I don't really visit a lot of Serenity discussion forums. I know that one of the Yahoo groups I'm a member of was discussing it.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

If the film sells enough they'll make more. Jewel and Sean (characters: Kaylee and Simon) were being asked about the next movies at the premiere. They seemed confident (of course they would) - I hadn't been following any of it or heard of sequels or even seen Firefly at the time so I had no idea it was a possibilty or if fans were just asking to be funny.

Not really a spoiler but I haven't used the spoiler tags before. :P
    They were asked...
    So, who's going to die in the next film. They both sorta grinned and I think they said "hopefully not me", or similar
    . Wheee.

I really enjoyed Serenity. Saw it before seeing Firefly and ordered Firefly when I got home for the premiere. Just about managed to watch the whole series just with my girlfriend just before Serenity went on public release. It did make things make a bit more sense but I didn't feel it was needed to be able to enjoy the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Firefly is on sale in the Virgin Megastore in Dundrum for either €30 or €35.

qwertz wrote:
    Firefly is on sale in the Virgin Megastore in Dundrum for either €30 or €35.
    Similar price in HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

It's E29.99 in HMV

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, just about to polish of the last episode on the Firefly boxed st and, well, all I am left with is anger and frustration.
    When I realise that all of the characters I have grown familiar with will not have any new material, no new stories or adventures, no more witty comments from Mal or dumb ass statements from Jayne about Vera (its his favourite!).
    When I look and see where all the money pumped into the latest Star Trek franchise got us, 4 years of complete tripe, and wonder how far a show like Firefly, with more creative spark in one episode than in the whole po-faced fiasco that was Enterprise, well, it makes an old sci-fi fan very pissed off.
    I said many times that as a reader of good sci-fi over many years that the stuff on TV and on the big screen can't hold a candle to the printed page, with firefly one would have to make an exception.

So unless we get more movies or perhaps a set of TV movies as in Babylon5, we get no more 'verse, no more Mal, no more Serenity, the programme and movie that finally displayed to all exactly what that certain something was that George Lucas left ouut of Star Wars I/II/III, what Trek has never had.

I am missing it already.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Well, just about to polish of the last episode on the Firefly boxed st and, well, all I am left with is anger and frustration.

My first thought after watching the pilot, How on Earth was this cancelled.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yes, indeed.
    Now I am no blinkered fanboy but I honestly thought the show incredible, great characters, stories. Just a certain something about it that got you, involved somehow. And now no more, when rubbish like the X-files continued on well past its best before date and Andromeda got a couple of years it really makes you wonder who is at the wheel in the networks in the States.
    Well, now that the movie did well, maybe we might see Firefly/Serenity come back in some form

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    Well, now that the movie did well, maybe we might see Firefly/Serenity come back in some form
    But the movie didn't do well. According to boxofficemojo the movie has made $36m and it cost $39m (and that's excluding marketing costs). It's going to need decent DVD sales just to break even - hardly something that's going to make Hollywood execs. eager to crack out a sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

No, I don't think we'll see a sequel though I imagine DVD sales will be pretty good.

The only hope for Firefly now it would seem are more comics.

Don't think comics will cut the mustard, must have some live-action, again maybe a series of TV movies or something, anything to get some live-action FireFly back on our screens, be they big or small.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I'd prefer to see that happening alright, I just don't think it will.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭drrnwbb

is serenity still in irish cinemas? i just found out its not going to be shown here in finland - but im home for a few weeks around christmas so fingers crossed its (still) on then

dw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Pretty sure its not in the cinemas anymore.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Region 1 DVD is out on the 20th of this month. http://www.axelmusic.com are already shipping it though - in case anyone's interested.

Advertisement