Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Vodafone Texter is Back

• 08-10-2005 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

Just got the vodafone texter thingy working again.

If you would like a copy of the script, please PM me or something.
    As said before I do not record messages, numbers or passwords. I know I could easily but I don't. If you don't want to trust me then thats fine - Don't use the program, other wise save good time by using it.

Webmonkey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Would you like to explain what this is......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I'd be interested in the code when the Meteor version is up and running :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

kmart6 wrote:
    Would you like to explain what this is......
    Basically does the whole loggin into vodafone and navigating through the site for you in one go. So basically one click instead of a few. I dunno up to yourself if you want to use it or not but script could be handy if you would like to incorporate a text message thing on your website as a means of contacting you.

So what it just means you use this instead of the Vodafone site???

If you want. It can also be useful if you want to hard code it into websites as contact forms via text, or like one suggested, monitor web servers to make sure they live and to alert you via text if problem. Its just a cheap alternative way rather than using SMS gateways which can cost lots of money.

• Advertisement

Ok im just going to leave it cause it still is'nt really making much sense to me now!!!Thanks anyway!!!

Ok well maybe you'll understand some day... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

nice one donal - CYPM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭fletch

Sounds like an excellent idea....pity i'm with meteor and only get 30 free online txts

Meteor give 300 free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

not to pre-pay they don't, only 30

I am on prepay, I get 300 texts per month. Everyone on prepay gets 300 texts per month free from their website.

I would suggest you email info@meteor.ie with your phone number and website pin number and ask them to fix it for you.

Im not going to bother making a meteor one onless someone can double confirm that you get 300 texts on pay as you go. Wouldn't be worth it if it just 30.
    even though ciaran you seem to say there is and maybe your right. Just need someone else to confirm this too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Doesn't seem to work for me. Is my username my phone number like it is on my vodafone? And password the 4 digit pin? Well done anyway seems like a app that could have many uses. I probably just did something wrong.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

ciaranfo wrote:
    I am on prepay, I get 300 texts per month. Everyone on prepay gets 300 texts per month free from their website.

I would suggest you email info@meteor.ie with your phone number and website pin number and ask them to fix it for you.

No they dont. I also only get 30 free texts p/m. Its all to do with the tarriff that you are on. I prefer to keep the 13c rate for all network calls after 6pm and the rewards scheme on credit purchased during each month.

Thats why I only get 30, well thats what their CS tell me anyway.

Doesn't seem to work for me. Is my username my phone number like it is on my vodafone? And password the 4 digit pin? Well done anyway seems like a app that could have many uses. I probably just did something wrong.

Same here, My details are correct, I know that for sure. Maybe there is a slight glitch in it. I am using my vodafone number. (before anyone comments on my previous post about my meteor account.)

Strange. It isn't your 4 digit pin though that you use.
    When you registered on vodafone.ie you were sent a password, I think it is a 5 digit password. or maybe it has letters too. Still works fine here for me anyways.
    And yes the username is your phone number inc the 087 before

For the destination numer, should we be using+3538? or just 08?

Just 08

I can confirm that Meteor offer 300 webtexts,or well atleast thats what I have!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Leonard wrote:
    Its all to do with the tarriff that you are on. .

Yeah ... Most on Meteor Anytime and Meteor Leisure Time packages get 30 messages a month. Most of Meteor Minutes, Meteor Talk Time, Anytime Plus and Leisuretime Plus get 300 a month.

Webmonkey wrote:
    Strange. It isn't your 4 digit pin though that you use.
    When you registered on vodafone.ie you were sent a password, I think it is a 5 digit password. or maybe it has letters too. Still works fine here for me anyways.
    And yes the username is your phone number inc the 087 before

I tried it with my number (an 085 number ported to Vodafone) and my brothers 087 and they didnt work. I'm using the 4 digit my vodafone pin, the same one I would use to login to my vodafone. Have tried using IE and Opera. Tried on two different machines both networked and I am using Digiweb Dsl. I don't know if any off this makes a difference (or if you care) but it may help you understand the problem!

hmm i dunno then. It works fine for me here. Anyone else having problems?

Just tried it with my sisters details and won't send either webmonkey.

Re: meteor - I'm on Pre-Pay Meteor Anytime Plus with 300 txts.

hmm odd. I might have an idea whats up alright. They might have different field names for different groups of numbers. I'll work on fixing it later on.

hi Guys.
    Can those of you that having probs try using a new version: http://www.kerrypages.com/newtext/

Tell me how u get on, if that doesn't work i got one other thing up my sleeve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

im on anytime plus - (pre pay) 300 messages /month

Webmonkey wrote:
    hi Guys.
    Can those of you that having probs try using a new version: http://www.kerrypages.com/newtext/

Fraid not - im trying it using an 087 991xxxx and 085 722xxxx

Webmonkey wrote:
    hi Guys.

No luck mate.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, I have been using TextBuddy which used to work great, though at the moment, messages are not sending. The app is similar to yours WebMonkey (I used to host your wee app a year or so ago), except you download a client instead of using a website.

Maybe issues are related, perhaps it's an issue with vodafone server?

*shrug*

Advertisement