Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Vodafone Texter is Back

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

I tried it with my number (an 085 number ported to Vodafone) and my brothers 087 and they didnt work. I'm using the 4 digit my vodafone pin, the same one I would use to login to my vodafone. Have tried using IE and Opera. Tried on two different machines both networked and I am using Digiweb Dsl. I don't know if any off this makes a difference (or if you care) but it may help you understand the problem!

Did you change your pin when you first got the phone. Chances are that its the original pin that is you password.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Andy-Pandy wrote:
    Did you change your pin when you first got the phone. Chances are that its the original pin that is you password.

thanks for the advice but aren't the my vodafone pins and the phone pins unrelated?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

thanks for the advice but aren't the my vodafone pins and the phone pins unrelated?
    Yes, the PIN you need, is the one you'd log into Vodafone's website with. Your phone PIN is irrelevant in this case.

FTR, the Texter isn't workign for me either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Yeah there seems to be a big issue with it not working for some.
    Vodafone create a random page to where you send a text message, where the fields are posted to. The script grabs this out but if the page changes in anyway it will get confused and get some other crap out of the page. I think this is what is happening.
    For people like me where it works, we have different pages to the rest. I will have to buy myself a new vodafone sim card to test out the newer ones.
    Vodafone are makign it very hard to use. I guess they don't like the likes of me with these scripts. Anyways it will have to wait for mid week or so before i get time to work on it.

Edit: Does it actually work for anyone besides me? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

"message field: A46150455101424516send to address: a0e08030a010508021Message Failed To Send. Sorry! "

???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Same here
    Tried both, but no luck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

had a read around (as I've been stuck with 30...) and this was their announcement when they upped the free text to 300
    FREE WEB TEXTS

Now available to all AnyTime Plus, Leisure Time Plus and Pay Later plans

So anyone who stayed on a pre Aug 23rd pre-pay tariff seems to get 30. i.e. logging into MyMeteor the 'Free Text' page for a pre-pay Anytime account you get greeted with:
    Send up to 30 SMS messages per month free of charge to any Irish number.

moving to a Plus looks like better value for most charges (except for some circumstances e.g. on Anytime where meteor-meteor calls are 9c, compared to 20c on the Anytime Plus)... but do your own homework to see if migrating to Anytime Plus / Leasuretime Plus to get the 300 webtexts will be a good/bad thing for you... all new and legacy pre-pay tariff deatils are available on the Meteor website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

The new price are better value. International calls work out more expensive and you loose your monthly rewards but IMO theres no reason to stay on old plans unless you call international numbers alot. Instead 32c a minute calls they are 50c. (Still cheaper for me on prepay to call Internationally then my friends on other networks to call nationally on peak! :D )

As for texting, check out dounutface and Basquilles little texter

Thread about it

Program

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

The new price are better value.

all the info is on the Meteor site so should be easy for people to do their own homework and compare the plans based on their own usage patterns, some (albeit a few) might be worse off as it would depend how they use their phone...

Hi Guys.

Ok I made a newer version: http://www.kerrypages.com/newtext/

Right it might and might now work. When you use it it will display some information , if it doesnt' work then can you help me by copying it in here just to see what the hell is going on.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Debuging for testing purposes:
    Message Field = . Send Number = 1 . Hidden Field and Value: = . And post address = http://www.vodafone.ie/myvodafone/textandwap/webtext/index.jsp?pageid=

Message Failed To Send. Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's just worked for me.

And again...

+++ and again a third time, using a different login too! +++

Debuging for testing purposes:
    Message Field = A46150455101424516 . Send Number = a0e08030a010508021 . Hidden Field and Value: 2722 = 5058 . And post address = http://www.vodafone.ie/myvodafone/textandwap/webtext/index.jsp?pageid=1128985705028

Message Successfully Sent To 086xxxxxxx. You Have 231 Text Messages Left

I sent it to myself and it works. But that not so pretty message comes up too.

That's his debugging Pythia.. he's basically outputting what the script should do behind the scenes....

ciaranfo wrote:
    That's his debugging Pythia.. he's basically outputting what the script should do behind the scenes....

hi Guys. Ok it works great now. http://www.kerrypages.com/text/ is working now.

Thanks for confirming. Email me if ye want new updated script

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Thanks Donal, works excellent for me also. Keep up the good work

Not working for me tonight... Did work yesterday though.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Pythia wrote:
    Not working for me tonight... Did work yesterday though.

Just checked and its no longer working for me either. Must be some teething problems

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

i would love to encorporate this into my web forum.. please forward the script onto me mate. my email addy is : mobileplaza @gmail dot com

i would love to encorporate this into my web forum.. please forward the script onto me mate. my email addy is : mobileplaza @gmail dot com

just great. Vodafone have changed the layout of their site again. Ill fix later. Not a very stable program is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 TheMasterG

Any sign of getting this to work again? I see also that textbuddy is charging a monthly fee now, shame :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

TheMasterG wrote:
    Any sign of getting this to work again? I see also that textbuddy is charging a monthly fee now, shame :(

Not to me they're not???
    Been using it for years with no problems, apart from voda changing their login scripts every so often. Installed it on a colleagues machine just yesterday.
    Works great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 TheMasterG

Did you download and install the latest version or install a version you had saved previously? Strange....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Anyone know where I can download an older version as present version is

defo pre-pay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Mod_Man

Hi,

Anyone know why textbuddy tries to connect to 216.113.188.66, the IP address for paypal ?

Is there a "donate now via paypal" icon there anywhere? Maybe the program is loading that from the paypal site ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Mod_Man

Not sure just uninstalled it.. but it certainly sounds like a plausable explanation... I'm going to try and get www.mackers.com perl script working in windows instead.. Its a bit more transparent. not sure I like putting my pin into a program thats connecting to the web..

ciaranfo wrote:
    Is there a "donate now via paypal" icon there anywhere? Maybe the program is loading that from the paypal site ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement