Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Science plus?

Options
  • 08-10-2005 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Some of my teachers have mentioned science plus, some sort of leaving cert revision thingy that comes out every so often. Is it any good and is anyone here getting it?

Comments

Imo Less Stress is better, but it's a matter of personal opinion I suppose.

(Your sig isn't allowed.)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I'll change it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I found it handy enough I guess, they had reasonably good notes for Biology and Maths and stuff but I would warn you that some of their Chemistry definitions are different to and not as good as the ones in the textbooks. Personally I found he Rapid Revision series was better than Less Stress, but it is all personal opinion. See if you can get your hands on someone else's Science Plus to take a look at it, also go into a bookshop and have a flick through some of the revision books, see what suits you best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

or get grinds... what subjects you stuck on?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭bazzman

im finding physics hard cause ive to do it by myself cause my teacher is useless. giving us wrong definitions, formulas everything possible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

grinds might be a good idea although they are can be stupidly expensive. Try get a lend of some well set-out notes. I had notes from Pat Doyle in the institute, and they were all layed out concisely which made things easy. I always found in physics that once you understood it, it became easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Lord Oz wrote:
    Some of my teachers have mentioned science plus, some sort of leaving cert revision thingy that comes out every so often. Is it any good and is anyone here getting it?
    its a magazine...i think its good! i get the business and career one aswell

i nearly wish i was doing the leaving cert again!although the exam itself is the biggest anti-climax after all the hassle!actually scrap that!losing your virginity is the biggest anti-climax ever! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

i nearly wish i was doing the leaving cert again!although the exam itself is the biggest anti-climax after all the hassle!actually scrap that!losing your virginity is the biggest anti-climax ever! :D
    too true...but anyway...back to the leaving cert :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭JCB

its a magazine...i think its good! i get the business and career one aswell

I woz just wondering what subjects as well as chemistry, physics, biology do they do on the science plus magazine? Do they do applied maths too?

• Advertisement

I think it's just Chemistry, Biology, Physics and Maths... I don't think enough people in the country do Applied Maths to make it worth their while

Ah now that depends... But I agree about the Leaving Cert! I think if the media and other people's parents had laid off a bit then I wouldn't have felt under any pressure coming up to the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

TimAy wrote:
    grinds might be a good idea although they are can be stupidly expensive. Try get a lend of some well set-out notes. I had notes from Pat Doyle in the institute, and they were all layed out concisely which made things easy. I always found in physics that once you understood it, it became easy.
    whoo Pat Doyle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

TimAy wrote:
    Well everything is easy once you understand it I suppose;). I get Science Plus as I do all four subjects and I think it's good. The definitions I wouldn't use as they are a bit dodgy but it's good at explaining stuff that might not be in the book. Also it has interesting scientific biographies of scientists on the back page!

Advertisement