Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking 9600 Pro

Options
  • 08-10-2005 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭

Right, so I got myself an old and I was interested in overclocking it.

So I downloaded ATi-Tool, turned it on, and got to 439(core)/238(memory) -- a little step up from 400/223.

So I then I decided to leave it, and let my sister play the Sims for an hour.

Anyway, when she got off, I ran ATi-Tool again... except this time there's errors all over the place!

So,
    1. Should I have waited a while before OC'ing? (I installed it only yesterday)
    2. Should I run some time demos to burn-in the GPU? If so, would Half-Life 1 or Deus Ex have any, either online or built-in (can't find any)?
    3. Or, are there any cheap games with good time-demos?

Any advice appreciated.

specs are:
    Athlon XP "Thoroughbred" 2200+ 1.8Ghz (stock speeds & cooler)
    256MB PC2700 & 512MB PC2100 DDR (<-- not my fault)
    Not sure of motherboard
    Tagan 380W PSU
    aforementioned 9600 Pro

*edt* It's running stable/ @443/240 now. Strange... I'll update this post when/if I get more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,986 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

By stable, what do you mean? Did you let ati-tool try to get top gpu and mem clocks. If you did how long did you leave it running for. How long was that clock error free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Have you looked into getting some decent cooling for it - ie artic cooler for instance?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm gonna have a look in Peats tomorrow & see if I can pick up a 120mm fan; and maybe a different cooler.
    I'll run the card @90% for the meantime; see if that helps out, as I'm seeing temps of 50* & 58* with Speedfan (though I'm not sure which is GPU, and which is CPU :( )

Advertisement